• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Generators

Promised I'd revisit

Spent a 4 day weekend with the Honda inverter. My thoughts:
1. Super quiet, loved it
2. Fuel tank is stupid small. Won't run all night even on Eco mode. Doesn't consume much fuel just needs larger tank.
3. On Eco mode it won't run my A/C unit. Has to be on high idle to run it which kills fuel even faster.
4. Other than the a/c issue it ran everything in my camper at the same time on Eco mode no problems.

So Id recommend it for anyone wanting to kill noise but would definitely agree it needs to piggy back off a large fuel tank even just a 5 gallon jug would be fine.

Many options for extra fuel on that unit but the fuel tank is one of the reasons I didnf get the 2000

yeah I was told don't go less than 3000watt fir camper to run ac unit, I only go 4-5 times a year so I gonna try the champion 3100 inverter fir the price 720$ verse 2000$ fir the Honda 3000eu

Re:

The trick to running ac is to turn it all the way down so it never cuts off its the startup that kills the economy mode

Excellent point josh. Pickle here is that this was a good shakedown family run during a season when temps are good night and day that way my girls arent miserable for 4 days. Lol

So the overnight temp was in the 60deg range and my unit would hit that temp easily. So couldn't keep it from cycling.

I agree in the summer, should be just fine to run constant.

Then another issue comes up. Only way to start the a/c cycle is to have the inverter on full throttle. Then because my unit takes 3 minutes to cycle after you turn it on, you gotta wait for the compressor to cycle then jump out of the camper and switch to Eco mode or else your run time on fuel capacity is cut in half.

Lol a pickle

Well just to let you guys know when my power goes out at the house, like it did last night. My champion 3500/4000 watt generator that I posted a link to earlier sits about 50' away from my bed room window. I have 1960s shitty aluminum windows in my house and I could not here it running. It's not big enough to run my central unit so the house was quiet. It does keep all of our outlets powered along with the fridge, water heater, and well pump going.

So I usually set mine 10-15 away from the camper or enclosed and if you have the ac running or even just the unit fan you can't here those champion generators. Not to mention at $400 why not give it a try. I loved my 2000eu honda but I had the same issues you do it just not big enough and the fuel tank is not big enough. My champion will run 12 hours on a tank of fuel running the camper ac wideopen.

Did I mention the damn thing always starts first pull. It was great last night when I grabbed it out of my shop at 11pm and took it out in the rain knowing it would fire right up.

I borrowed the Honda eu2000 from a buddy in trade for a carb clean and oil change. That way I could give it a true test before I bought it.

Thanks rootar for feedback. I will look at the champion.