• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lawn Mowers

johneddie said:
Damn...must be nice to have a yard you can push mow! ;D Takes me almost three hours with a 41 horse tractor and 7' finish mower.....and now my wife had trees added so say the times gonna increase! :****: More :drinkers:!

I think right backwards. I would give anything to have enough land to have to mow like that. Just hadn't fell in place yet. :****:

Re: Re: Re: Lawn Mowers

bbone said:
you go wheelin?

Yup, just have had to stay closer to home due to funds and work. Saving on mowing the lawn will help with the latter. Time will help with the former. Matter of fact, I'll be riding this weekend.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I've retailed them all and had my own maintenince business for 5 years. And any Kubota mower billboard driving down the highway has my mug on it. :****:

how much you wanna spend? How much grass and what type? hills?

Honda motors are favorable. Hondas composite deck (neXite HRX series) or Toro cast aluminum super recycler deck are the best you will find. Toros personal pace self-propelled controls are most user friendly and minimal fatigue. Husqvarma has some good pricing but decks are low grade like craftsman/ AYP/ MTD stuff. Real wheel drive is also considered favorable. Is you switch alot between bagging and mulching honda has best system on the HRX series and doesn't use a removable baffle but all honda's have a double blade system thats more costly to replace blades than most others. Toro has a new two blade wider deck called the timemaster or something like that, it, along with the personal pace system is nice if you've got a bigger lawn but not big enough for a riding mower.

Re: Re: Lawn Mowers

Want to spend as little as possible without buying junk. My yard is less than half an acre and has lots of trees to maneuver around but is flat.

patooyee said:
Want to spend as little as possible without buying junk. My yard is less than half an acre and has lots of trees to maneuver around but is flat.

There is a steel deck HRR honda out there that was selling for $399 last year. Prolly best bang for the buck. Honda rolls the edge better on the bottom of their stamped steel deck that the others out there so its a good bit stronger than the other stamped decks IMO.

Home Depot has a 30" cut push mower I want. Double blades and all. Looks bad ass but no way in hell Im giving $999 for a push mower. Its pretty cool though.

Honda all the way. I run three lawn maintenance crews and last summer swapped all the push mowers from Snappers to Hondas and have zero complaints.

There's a cool little place right by here called Boggs and boulders. Its no hawk pride or anything but its only an hour from the shop and they have a restaurant, parts store, full facilities, and other fun activities for families all on premises.

I have a craftsman self propelled that i bought from sears as a scratch and dent and have had zero problems from it. Only maintenace I have done is sharpen the blade and a once a year oil change. I have had it about 7 years.

patooyee said:
There's a cool little place right by here called Boggs and boulders. Its no hawk pride or anything but its only an hour from the shop and they have a restaurant, parts store, full facilities, and other fun activities for families all on premises.
are you taking your families???

draggbody said:
are you taking your families???

They have a swimming hole, playground, rope swing, caves to explore, and some other fun stuff for people who have a family, not just mine, hence the plural form of the word. But yes, I was thinking of taking my family with me tomorrow as well as Scott's. :dblthumb:

A LITTLE HUMOR TO GO ALONG WITH THE MOWER QUESTION :****:

When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my
wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed.
But, somehow I always had something else to take
care of first, the shed, the boat, making beer.
Always something more important to me.
Finally she thought of a clever way to make her
point. When I arrived home one day, I found her
seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a
tiny pair of sewing scissors. I watched silently for a
short time and then went into the house. I was
gone only a minute, and when I came out again I
handed her a toothbrush. I said, "When you finish
cutting the grass, you might as well sweep the
driveway."
The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always
have a limp.

TacomaJD said:
x2

I've only got a cheap John Deere from Lowes (Briggs engine) 42" cut and it takes me about 30-45 minutes to mow my little half acre lot, but usually stretch it out to about an hour because I just enjoy ridin around drinkin beer in the sun lol.

I thought real John Deeres only came with Kawasaki engines and the ones from Lowe's (like mine) have the Briggs engines? Through quick web searching, about all I could find is where Deere and Honda signed an agreement to sell Honda power equipment at John Deere dealers and also do factory service on the Honda stuff they now sell. Couldn't find anything on the integration of Honda engines in Deere products. However, I did find where there is a direct bolt in replacement Honda engine kit for some Deere models.

TacomaJD i believe you are correct sir, I had my head up my ass and was thinking about my pressure washer, the mower has the briggs covered in all the deere logo ****. My bad :dunno:
DSCF1284_zps0c7c9d7c.jpg

DSCF1285_zps51884139.jpg

Sold this crap for years with Lowes. ANYTHING with a Honda engine on it will have better service from what I have seen than the Briggs engines over the last few years. Shitty fuel causes more problems with those small carbs so I always ran Stabil in my equipment. I would personally go to your local Honda dealer and get one of their mowers with larger rear wheels. Around here we have more hills so rear wheel drive models are more desirable. On the flats, a front wheel drive model will probably be just fine.

Get a two cylinder ridin' mower; doesn't matter which brand. Pull one of the plug wires. You won't be able to keep your wife/girlfriend off the damn thing.

Thanks ya'll. I went and looked at Toros, Hondas, Cubs, Deeres, and just about every other brand mentioned in this thread and basically they ALL use the same shitty plastic in all the same spots, even the Hondas. I know from experience that anything Honda is always the best but just didn't want to spend 2-3x as much for it. So I was going to settle on a Craftsman with Honda engine but the one I wanted was out of stock so they upgraded me to a model with a bunch more features and Briggs engine for the same price and I couldn't resist. I hope I experience the same longevity as everyone who reported that they had a Craftsman in this thread but just in case I did get the 3 year warranty. My wife mowed with it for the first time yesterday and it did great.

Well, 6 months later, one mowing season, and just about every plastic part on this bitch is broken. Gas cap, some trim pieces, a little flap on the back of the mower, some other crap that I figured would break did. I'm going to take it in before the warranty is up and see what they'll do. Electric start don't work any more no matter how much I charge it. It does start up on the first pull though.

I need a new trimmer now, anyone got any recommendations there? Again, minuscule yard. Industrial grade not necessary. Just a good one for the money.

Latest posts