• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

Got the clutch parts dale (and a bottle of lense cleaner :eeek:)..

I will keep poking at it but will be slow due to current events...

Got the clutch parts dale (and a bottle of lense cleaner :eeek:)..

I will keep poking at it but will be slow due to current events...

If you can finish the tube work/brackets then I can take it home for a while...

If you can finish the tube work/brackets then I can take it home for a while...

Its "almost" there dale--hang in there :awesomework: The last "hard" part is the cross member--once I get past that things should move right along in the last few metal items...

Crash- That rig is looking really good so far, I really like your work. There are not many people who take their time to clean up parts & actually take their time building something :awesomework:

Cant wait to see the finished product :corn:

Since it looks like you're not going to get back to this for a while, whaddy think about taking the drivetrain out and I'll haul it home to do some bodywork and paint?

My 4runner doesn't meet the size requirements for Forest Service Parks anymore so the Willys is going to have to get driven. I'd like to see it up and running asap but I know that you've got your dad's mustang project on the priority spot right now.

If that works for you, how soon could you have the drivetrain out so that I can hual back the tub for paint and other body work?

why take out the running gear......finish body work and wheel

It's a long way from that point. The reason is that with the drive train out, the plumbing and wiring not in yet, I can get everything painted inside and out. I'm going to rhino line or something similar but I want to do the underside, inside, topside etc.

I also have some rust work to do and it'll be much easier without a drive train in the way.

Had to go back a few pages to find the last post on this.

Mike, what's the scoop? It's the only rig I'll be able to drive at Evan's Creek when it re-opens.

Just working thru the dang rear crossmember. I am really having a tough time with it--but I am attempting progress on it......

With the narrowness of the frame rails and that particular t-case its just making it tough to build it how I want it/needs to be,,,

Crash or Gibby. Do you guys have an estimate on how much tube you used on the cage? Im getting ready to build mine and I am trying to figure out some numbers some help would be appreciated. Also are you planning on doing a full belly skid? I am starting mine in feb was wondering if you had any suggestions what to do what not to do before I dived in.

Ok finally got what I wanted---damn thing is still going to be tight due to the lack of room on the passenger side.

Here is the main mount I started with at the t-case

gmb255.jpg

This took some figuring because I needed the tube to also dive forwards on the passenger side--but I finally got it bent where I wanted it to.

gmb256.jpg

When you work alone and your damn picky--you always figure out creative ways to jig your stuff up :D
gmb257.jpg

And finally tacked into place.

gmb258.jpg

So I got it pulled back out tonight and buzzed the tube to the main mount. I also added on support on the back side and started building the front support/ramp. Hoping a couple more evenings and I will be ready to pull the trans back out to prep the frame rails for the x-member mounts.

So, do you have a shopping list and any updates for me?

I have the part numbers writen down for the clutch and slave. I still gotta figure out the hose right off the slave. But we will be using fj40 stuff since the bellhousing is basicly setup for it. But there is a rubber hose right off the slave that goes to the hardline I am having a hard time finding.

It's nice to see it moving again. It might be my (I mean Jackson's) only street legal rig. Well, mostly street legal.