• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

There is a hot little blond, about 20ish, that works in the commercial dept. at Autozone here in town, sometimes I order spark plugs one at a time just to have her delivery them! I try to get a creeper pic also, lol

Spent the night in Lebanon with TheLuke and wife, this McMansion is making my ol' lady want one herself. Can't do that, it'd be back to ramen and no crawler for me. I am content with 100% capacity and what we have is all the space I need.

Re:

And why are womens crazy? Went to bikefest yesterday had a goodtime, even got me a lil last nite. This morning went and worked in the shop a couple hours went upstairs for lunch she said something to me I said I can't hear you, well I guess that was wrong!! She gives me this go to hell look and says just nevermind, now she won't talk to me?? Oh well...

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Re:

infamous1 said:
And why are womens crazy? Went to bikefest yesterday had a goodtime, even got me a lil last nite. This morning went and worked in the shop a couple hours went upstairs for lunch she said something to me I said I can't hear you, well I guess that was wrong!! She gives me this go to hell look and says just nevermind, now she won't talk to me?? Oh well...

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk This mystery has haunted Man since the beginning of time. I too would like to know how to handle & deal with them correctly.

Why when the girls are winning the softball game coach puts in a 3rd string pitcher and let's you lose? 10yr old fall ball and it's almost like he did it on purpose. 9 runs from walks. Ace pitcher threw 9 pitches, inning over. Then we use 3rd string. Even my daughter asked about it when we got in the car.

Rant over

Re: Re: Re: Random Thoughts Thread

kushKrawlin said:
I sit and think a lot of the **** I could build with the proper tools. So Fukin tired of doing it the omish way.
I've thought the same thing...but the best tools without the knowledge to use them can make things worse than the primitive tools one is used to...at least in my case

I find that these days I've aquired what most would consider the basic necessities as far as tools go. I also find myself looking at fabrication stuff that would make life easier but have a hard time justifying something that might get used for 1 project and take up valuable space.

TBItoy said:
99% of vehicle forums are composed mainly of people who think doing basic maintenance is a "mod" molaugh

Some guy started a "carnage" thread on pirate for a worn out steering joint a few days ago.

I hate being young and in charge in my field of work (commercial hvac). Not one of the old timers that work under me want to listen to me like I don't know what I'm doing. Annoying as hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simpletoy said:
I hate being young and in charge in my field of work (commercial hvac). Not one of the old timers that work under me want to listen to me like I don't know what I'm doing. Annoying as hell

If you were 20 years older you wouldn't like that **** either

I've got guys under me with damn near 40 years here. I've been here 6. If they don't like the way I do something then I listen. But sometimes I also tell them that if they want to tell me how to do things then they should've stepped up to be the boss.

simpletoy said:

Not sure how long you have been there, but the way I got the OGs where I work to respect me, was working side by side with them, picking my battles and when it came down to exercising my authority, I did it with respect. Kindness does not equal weakness. My guys know I am willing to do anything for them and will bust my tail right beside them, but If I say something they better listen. If they disagree, they best do it respectfully and all will be well. They have been there for so long because they are probably good at what they do, so you could probably learn from them. Old people eat that up.

I've dealt with this my whole life. (Owners son now I own my own business at 32)

I live my life by this: Be a leader not a boss.

I do work side by side with majority of them (have been at the company for 8 years now). The problem I have is older guys that are newer to my company I work for but still are the elder over me. I'm turning 28 next week so it's not easy for many old timers to take advice or even be told what to do from a young gun. I don't mind getting my hands dirty but there are times where I can't always be working with my tools I have to coordinate and all of the "behind the desk" work also. Just ranting is all some guys will listen some won't

simpletoy said:
I do work side by side with majority of them (have been at the company for 8 years now). The problem I have is older guys that are newer to my company I work for but still are the elder over me. I'm turning 28 next week so it's not easy for many old timers to take advice or even be told what to do from a young gun. I don't mind getting my hands dirty but there are times where I can't always be working with my tools I have to coordinate and all of the "behind the desk" work also. Just ranting is all some guys will listen some won't

Same here, but I'm 34 and I think I've earned my stripes. The reason I got promoted is because 1- I can speak regular English to yankees that come in. 2- I can use a computer. And 3- Most of our guys, if not all, will tell a customer to go **** themselves if they have a disagreement.

Speaking of the trucking industry, why are a good 40% of my customers foreigners? Is there a line you get in where they say, "Here is a green card and a CDL."?