• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re:

I give two shits if famous people kill themselves. He probably voted for Hillary too. Just like STP front man. So much praise for his talents, no care about how he ****ed over his own family for years on end.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Re: Random Thoughts

Beerj said:
From the little that is getting out, sounds like he was found in the bathroom with a "band" around his neck. Either way, really shitty. I just recently saw a video of him playing acoustic along to his teenage daughter singing. Sad

Damn, he pulled a Robin Williams?

I hate to be a douch-canoe as well as I keep seeing people talking about him dying, saying "oh noes".

But all I know was he was a musician, talented for sure, but that's about it. He didn't cure cancer or save lives, or do anything (that I know of) that merits praise more than any other man.

The guy killed himself, and as I've said in the suicide thread, my opinions have changed on suicide, but still...............How hard could it have been for him really? He didn't do half as much as many who have to deal with dark demons do, he had a good life, he was talented enough to never really have to worry about life. Maybe not a mega millionaire, but way better than most of us. So really, why was life so hard?

Don't Judge another mans struggle, people in general are ****ed up and most cope with their demons, money and family can't stop some peoples problems , look at the suicide rate in the military community, he was just a man no better than you or me, yesterday was his breaking point I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can't be happy/content poor, you won't be happy with millions. From what I've seen, money multiplies problems.

I would love to have a few mIL tho! Probably wouldn't last long haha

Zjman said:
Don't Judge another mans struggle, people in general are ****ed up and most cope with their demons, money and family can't stop some peoples problems , look at the suicide rate in the military community, he was just a man no better than you or me, yesterday was his breaking point I guess

I agree, and maybe it came off wrong. I think part of what you hit on is my point. Everyday our military is killing themselves, and you don't see the outpouring for them. I think maybe that's what irks me more about this than his actual act himself. Is the fact that everyone comes running in droves about it, yet won't bat an eye when they hear about our military doing it everday, jaded minds I guess.

I get my ass chapped when a wounded military member comes home and 100s await their arrival and people build houses for them and start college funds for their kids... no because that isn't great, but because it seems like when our military personnel come home dead in a box the isn't near that level of respect or gratitude paid to the families. At least it seems that way in my area of the world.

Don't get me wrong, no tears were shed here. But being big into music and being a teen through a good bit of the 90's, it's just a little depressing to hear about some of those figures that were great at what they did and were so influential to music just up and die like that.

Beerj said:
Don't get me wrong, no tears were shed here. But being big into music and being a teen through a good bit of the 90's, it's just a little depressing to hear about some of those figures that were great at what they did and were so influential to music just up and die like that.

This is pretty much where I'm at about it. He was my favorite vocalist, although I was a teen through the early 2000's. The only thing I'm sad about with his death is that I never got to see him perform live.

Beerj said:

This. He definitely took the shitty way out, makes me mad, but people don't understand the link between lovers of music and the musicians they love. When you listen to music the way we do, you begin to love the artists for just that - their art - their music, that influences our lives on a daily basis, that is listened to through shitty times and good times. There is nothing in this world that can bring me back to a certain point in my life like hearing an old song I used to love and listen to daily in a previous era in my life. Music lovers have a connection with the artsists they love. If you don't understand that, it's simply because you don't enjoy music the way some do. Nothing wrong with that either. Everyone is different. Kinda like how some folks' outlook on depression is. I know he probably had some demons that were probably greatly amplified by addiction, but to be able to piss it all away and leave your family behind, to me, is the cowardly way out. BUT....I have never battled addiction other than being depressed for about 3 weeks when I quit pain pills after 9 months of being on them hardcore after my wreck. I went through some dark feelings in that 3 weeks, and that ain't **** compared to what a lot of these guys go through that has been in the rock and roll business for so many years. I kinda see both sides of the story. Sucks.

I guess Eddy Vedder and Dave Grohl are the last ones standing from the grunge era, Layne, Kurt, Scott, and now Chris are gone.

it has amazed me how I have listened to Eddy Vetter sing Yellow Ledbetter a hundred million times and still can't understand a word he says. I did however sing it perfectly at a karaoke bar one night after I met Jaeger for the first and only time. :rolf:

Am I the only one that gets irritated at forsale adds? Wether it's here Craigslist or Facebook (which Facebook is the worst about it). Post a bunch of pictures of the vehicle setup and then they continue to add in there info that the truck/rig doesn't come with the wheels/tires, winch, lights, etc. then have 1 picture of it setup the way that it will be sold? Like why the hell don't you just post the correct pictures of it the way it will be sold. Just gets on my nerves.

TacomaJD said:
This. He definitely took the shitty way out, makes me mad, but people don't understand the link between lovers of music and the musicians they love. When you listen to music the way we do, you begin to love the artists for just that - their art - their music, that influences our lives on a daily basis, that is listened to through shitty times and good times. There is nothing in this world that can bring me back to a certain point in my life like hearing an old song I used to love and listen to daily in a previous era in my life. Music lovers have a connection with the artsists they love. If you don't understand that, it's simply because you don't enjoy music the way some do. Nothing wrong with that either. Everyone is different. Kinda like how some folks' outlook on depression is. I know he probably had some demons that were probably greatly amplified by addiction, but to be able to piss it all away and leave your family behind, to me, is the cowardly way out. BUT....I have never battled addiction other than being depressed for about 3 weeks when I quit pain pills after 9 months of being on them hardcore after my wreck. I went through some dark feelings in that 3 weeks, and that ain't **** compared to what a lot of these guys go through that has been in the rock and roll business for so many years. I kinda see both sides of the story. Sucks.

I guess Eddy Vedder and Dave Grohl are the last ones standing from the grunge era, Layne, Kurt, Scott, and now Chris are gone.
Agreed, I graduated in 91 and grunge was my **** and music was a big part of my life, partied like a rock star listening to that music, now that my kids are grown I'm getting back into it, he'll just last week I downloaded my first song to iTunes ever! Good old stp dead and bloated. Sucks to be buying my music all over again.

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Zjman said:
Agreed, I graduated in 91 and grunge was my **** and music was a big part of my life, partied like a rock star listening to that music, now that my kids are grown I'm getting back into it, he'll just last week I downloaded my first song to iTunes ever! Good old stp dead and bloated. Sucks to be buying my music all over again.

Damn you old! I was born in '87......haha

Zjman said:

Rooster FTW

Re:

Do you change dual alternators in the same fashion as dual batteries?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk