• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

I think you did good man... Definitely don't get discouraged. If you're not trying to move yourself forward every day you're realistically just falling behind.

Shoulda pulled that leg off and set it on the desk while taking test Instant win lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sucks, I'm always guilty of getting my hopes up in situations like this because I know realistically how good of a fit I am/was for that position. There is no way in ****'s name that anyone there could say they've been doing that very job for the last 10 years. Ah, **** happens though. Can't be lucky all the time though. There will be other opportunities. As they say, make your own luck.

Zjman said:
Shoulda pulled that leg off and set it on the desk while taking test Instant win lol

I'm sure they'd have saved my time and theirs and walked me right out the door. Haha

I really would like to review the test though and see what I missed. Kinda bullshit that I don't at least get that opportunity.

Re:

I went through the same thing a few years back, had to pass three tests, the went through 3 interviews told between me and another guy, waited 2 weeks received letter in mail thanking me for my time and that they chose the guy transferring within the company. It's all good I got a job making 11 dollars more a hour 3 years later. Talking about getting your hopes up I was so let down. I hated my job and was ready to walk out without a notice.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

TacomaJD said:
It sucks, I'm always guilty of getting my hopes up in situations like this because I know realistically how good of a fit I am/was for that position. There is no way in ****'s name that anyone there could say they've been doing that very job for the last 10 years. Ah, **** happens though. Can't be lucky all the time though. There will be other opportunities. As they say, make your own luck.

It has happened to all us. Something else will come along.

Maybe ya just lived too far away for em ? Someone coulda scored better and lived closer, you seem to be a smart dude and wanna better yourself so don't sweat it, just wasn't ur day man.

Re:

ranger11 said:
I went through the same thing a few years back, had to pass three tests, the went through 3 interviews told between me and another guy, waited 2 weeks received letter in mail thanking me for my time and that they chose the guy transferring within the company. It's all good I got a job making 11 dollars more a hour 3 years later. Talking about getting your hopes up I was so let down. I hated my job and was ready to walk out without a notice.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Heck yeah, that worked out good then. Glad I do not hate my job, my perdicament is just that I had rather voluntarily find a better job rather than have to scramble to find one that pays the bills and supports my lifestyle if I were to find myself without a job one day if my current one goes to ****.

kmcminn said:
It has happened to all us. Something else will come along.

About the 3rd time it's happened to me in 3ish years, so any time now. Lol. If it weren't for the constant traveling, I'd get Morgan to pull some strings for me with Alabama Power so I could make them big stacks. :****:

Zjman said:
Maybe ya just lived too far away for em ? Someone coulda scored better and lived closer, you seem to be a smart dude and wanna better yourself so don't sweat it, just wasn't ur day man.

Nah, they shouldn't care as long as you show up on time. My best friend is an electrical engineer there and lives 5 minutes from me. Heard him talk about all sorts of people that work there with crazy long commute times. Hell there are a few people that live an hour away from where I work now, which is crazy to me. Takes me like 18 minutes to get to work. molaugh

TacomaJD said:
I'm sure they'd have saved my time and theirs and walked me right out the door. Haha

I really would like to review the test though and see what I missed. Kinda bullshit that I don't at least get that opportunity.
Kinda the same but different. They don't let us know what we got wrong on our annual requalification tests. I think it's bs. As far as I knew, the answer I put down was right and it's also what I am going to apply in the field. I don't see any benefit in keeping that **** secret.

Beerj said:
Kinda the same but different. They don't let us know what we got wrong on our annual requalification tests. I think it's bs. As far as I knew, the answer I put down was right and it's also what I am going to apply in the field. I don't see any benefit in keeping that **** secret.

Yep, I could have passed that test and them tell me I didn't. Prove it? I probably did fail it though. Haha.

Our haz-mat certification tests can be taken again is scored badly on. They will council you on what you missed to ensure you understand it. I've never had to, luckily, but I don't see how. The first time or two I took it, I really had no idea what I was doing. Listened to 2.5 days worth of hazardous materials regulations, nothing but lecture all day long on the most boring stuff in the world, then expected to understand it enough to be able to properly package regulate dangerous goods shipments. I wasn't comfortable with haz-mat stuff and the test until about the 3rd time I was to be recertified. Lol.

I truly believe "Everything happens for a reason"

That three hour ride would've drove you nuts pretty quick.

Keep your head down and drive on....The right thing will come along.

I moved a little over two years ago to get a place with the Ole Lady and the kids. That has left me with about an hour and 15 min drive one way (62 miles). About 45 miles of it is Natchez Trace for those that are familiar. It can suck on the 16 hr shifts for sure but overall I wouldn't trade it to be where I am with the folks I want to be with.

People that are constantly talking with that ****ing Star Trek Bluetooth earpiece thingamabob really piss me off......NEWS FLASH....YOU'RE NOT THAT IMPORTANT!!!!!!

tonybolton said:
People that are constantly talking with that ****ing Star Trek Bluetooth earpiece thingamabob really piss me off......NEWS FLASH....YOU'RE NOT THAT IMPORTANT!!!!!!
This is my pet peeve, fawking billy bob super truckers wear those big boom **** headsets and are talking on em whole time they're in truck stop, annoys the **** outta me that I have to hear their lame ass jokes and conversations, if a phone call is that important stay outside

TacomaJD said:

At least you didn't say "We are safe boys he ain't carrying any pink slips" to a room full of customers and coworkers as your boss walks in the store to fire your butt!!! :rolf:

Luck and karma don't exist but it will all be fine, trust me. :dblthumb:

I use the headphone things for work because its easier to tlak on the phone, drive, and write down notes :driving: also I've found out that if i'm at my desk and have the ear buds in people don't talk to me. Or I can listen to music on them too.

One of our drives at work wears the boommic head set thing and I don't see how that **** could be comfortable.

Ah Ha..... A buddy just text me asking "When was the last time you **** your pants?"....... Translated = He just **** his pants. :rolf:

Mine hangs here most of the time and I use it when I'm driving. I'm one of the only drivers at work that'll use one. The other guys are afraid of looking dumb but my theory is that they're gonna look real dumb when they get busted for not using one and lose their job. Fine is up to almost $12k for the company and like $2k for the driver
748645130aa355031e99442abddeb9fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk