• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

I jus wanna be king of the bakery.....win me some ROLL races!

Seriously though that was the biggest negative I saw with the kit, and it's always the first GO TO issue when people see it or notice it. If I was going to be autocrossing this car, there's no way I'd go with this kit.

I just wanted some top end power and I just plain like the looks of the kit(and sound). I've wanted a supercharged V8 car ever since I got my 02 GT. I just couldn't justify the money to supercharge that car when all I really wanted it to do was handle / autocross. It's got N20 on it, but sadly on the juice it makes what this car makes with a CAI and tune. LOL

MoparMan said:
The only real problem I see with that Procharger kit is the way the air filter is mounted. I had a Magnum SRT8 with a D1SC kit on it and the air filter laid right over the driver's side valve cover and header, pretty much just like it does on yours. After doing any stop and go driving in any weather it becomes heat soaked really bad and will feel way down on power.

When I was testing it out, I was watching the IAT's and while they'd climb up when idling around the subdivision, they'd drop like a rock at anything above 30mph. The intercooler was frickin freezing on the outlet side. The IAT's were showing a few degrees above ambient at speed/pulling.

But, I'm not being glassy eyed, I've been told due to the kits placement of the MAF in the intercooler, the temps/tuning can be difficult to get an accurate reading. I'm not sure why they chose to mount it there as opposed to a long straight section of tube.

But, I'm not out for sponsorship or winning races. I just like the feeling and sound. It's got that ricer WHOOOOOSH---PAAAAAAAHHHH sound. ;)

tonybolton said:
I woulda made it miserable for you then....whin'in and cryin' and all the runs to the Dollar General to pick me up some tampons. ;)

I knew this week was gonna be bone jarring cold, so that left me with 1 day(Saturday) to try and work on a Ford to make it fast. Luckily...I finished with only a few hiccups in the tune that need ironed out.

Gay still making a 3rd of the power of a LS

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

MoparMan said:
I hear ya, just wanted to let you know.
I initially wanted that on3 twin turbo or even the single set up but once I got to digging the twin-turbo setup you have to basically hack the heck out of all the wiring / relocate half the **** under the hood and the single turbo setup you lose the front sway bar.

I didn't like any of that.

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

tonybolton said:
I initially wanted that on3 twin turbo or even the single set up but once I got to digging the twin-turbo setup you have to basically hack the heck out of all the wiring / relocate half the **** under the hood and the single turbo setup you lose the front sway bar.

I didn't like any of that.

I understand. The Procharger is a relatively simple/clean install. And it makes good/fun power. It's just frustrating when you know how hard your car can pull when it's not heat soaked. And then you run up on somebody you want to race and it's heat soaked so bad that you get outrun because of it.

Wonder how many aluminum cans it took tony to pay for that pro charger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zjman said:
Wonder how many aluminum cans it took tony to pay for that pro charger

Somebody must have tossed it on the side of the road :wtflol:

Re: Re: Re: Random Thoughts

MoparMan said:
I understand. The Procharger is a relatively simple/clean install. And it makes good/fun power. It's just frustrating when you know how hard your car can pull when it's not heat soaked. And then you run up on somebody you want to race and it's heat soaked so bad that you get outrun because of it.
If I feel something like heat soak... I'll really have to feel it for me to do something about it but it looks like there's a way you can 90 degree Bend and get that intake back around the front of the car.

Also I've seen some people just putting a filter actually on the ProCharger unit. But I also look at it like turbochargers... you can't tell me the turbocharger mounted to the exhaust manifold is cooler or the same temperature as a procharger unit mounted in front of the car. Because that's what the turbo guys say... That's what the intercooler is for so basically I'm starting with maybe the same or most likely less than that temperature of a Turbocharger and running it through an intercooler.

But you're right on the ease of installation that was one of the big factors and also that it had a dedicated drive belt. I'll mostly just be cruising on the interstate with it so it'll always have airflow on/around it.

tonybolton said:
If I feel something like heat soak... I'll really have to feel it for me to do something about it but it looks like there's a way you can 90 degree Bend and get that intake back around the front of the car.

Also I've seen some people just putting a filter actually on the ProCharger unit. But I also look at it like turbochargers... you can't tell me the turbocharger mounted to the exhaust manifold is cooler or the same temperature as a procharger unit mounted in front of the car. Because that's what the turbo guys say... That's what the intercooler is for so basically I'm starting with maybe the same or most likely less than that temperature of a Turbocharger and running it through an intercooler.

But you're right on the ease of installation that was one of the big factors and also that it had a dedicated drive belt. I'll mostly just be cruising on the interstate with it so it'll always have airflow on/around it.

I wish I had these kinda problems.........Here's a real problem, I musta put my thermal underwear on backward this morning...Almost pissed myself while searching for the flap to get the little feller out just now.

ForMud said:
I wish I had these kinda problems.........Here's a real problem, I musta put my thermal underwear on backward this morning...Almost pissed myself while searching for the flap to get the little feller out just now.

Got to be more careful! :****: We got a heat wave today gonna get close to 35 :woot:

Just let it hang out one pant-leg.....that's what I do. Prop a foot up on the urinal like you're Capt. Morgan and let'er rip tater chip! ;)

I peed on my tire a few minutes ago, it's difficult to get 2 inches of **** to pee past 3 inches of clothing. #thestruggleisreal

ForMud said:
I'd rather piss myself than **** myself.