• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

Eddyj said:
I wonder how much a chicken farmer clears in one year?

I have no clue, but I have never seen so much money change hands and the farmer still struggle... High cost, High overhead, risk of losing birds, ton of competition.

If you were already wealthy or inherited it a chicken farm may be a money maker, but it can also barely break even

I agree. I have 0 experience In the field. I always hear people in Alabama saying " hot that chicken farmer money" seems like a lot of things could go wrong read quick and you would lose a lot of cash.

Random Thoughts

http://youtu.be/XASNM1XEQPs

Random thought

Sorry Eddy, I left you hangin. Agree 100%

Enclosed trailer for the win. I've never had a nice trailer until this year. I enjoy wheeling 73% more now that I have one. No more eating by the window, can't get a motel because someone might steal your junk, no more supplies in bed of truck.
If anyone is serious about going to parks in other states, i would almost say get the trailer and leave some stuff if the rig.
In the summer I'm usually running with 2-5 other trucks pulling exposed trailers for my business. I've actually left one guy outside to watch trucks while we eat. I always buy his meal. I've left countless people on side of road to watch equipment over night.

I do miss the thumbs up from little kids.
I don't miss the story of every rednecks cousins jeep Cherokee on 47's that could go anywhere mine could at every gas station.

Edit: no worries, I like the cover up for your random thought. One of the best movies if you ever worked in an office.

smbroady82 said:
KIDNEY STONES SUCK!

as I sit here in the ER waiting to get released I'm gonna try and find that" worst pain of your life thread"

Thankfully I have never had one but that is what everyone says. I haul the machine that bust those thing up. Lythotripsy think thats how you spell it. Good luck getting rid of it, hope ya feel better soon.

mna0121 said:
Steel shot has nothing to do with the ducks but everything to do with the fish. Fish kissers are the reason I will never get to ride Tellico. RTR
And the amount of lead shot that got put in the water is probably nowhere near the tonnage of lead weights that are sitting on the bottom to this day. The anti gun and anti hunting crowd tried a subversive move to try and outlaw bird hunting.
Typical bunch of bullshit. :****:

mikeparker said:
Thankfully I have never had one but that is what everyone says. I haul the machine that bust those thing up. Lythotripsy think thats how you spell it. Good luck getting rid of it, hope ya feel better soon.

Thanks bud

Eddyj said:
I wonder how much a chicken farmer clears in one year?

We talking growing or lay houses? How many houses and how new/upgrades?

I've got a few farmers that come through the store. One of them daily drives an old 90's model mini van but just signed a loan on 1.5 more million dollars worth of (correct me if I am wrong on the term) super houses. Whatever money he makes, he damn well deserves. He is at work more than 12 hours a day. Always fixing things, cleaning up, preparing for new stock, alarms getting reset, temperature this and sickness of the animals....he makes me glad to just have my store and a handful of employees to worry about.

He does have some nice equipment and trucks, but he runs all his old stuff into the ground and fixes it before he will ever crank and run his new equipment. Don't know why that is, but a guy I graduated with showed me more pictures of his farm, houses and equipment. Pretty crazy the amount of money tied up in his whole venture.

Do they have a season? Or is it year round?
I'm not being a smart ass, I've just never heard anything about chicken farmers until I moved to Alabama. I figure it's like everything else, the ones that work hard make more money and lazy people get jealous.

Girlfriend's whole family chicken farms. Her dad has 7 houses on two different farms and is about to get cut by Koch's because he doesn't have the mega houses. He is gonna try to get hooked up with Pilgrims Pride, if that don't work out I don't know what he is gonna do. He's also got bad cancer and kidney disease, they recently gave him 2 years to live, so they are in a real tight spot right now owing upwards of $400k on the newest farm and home.

Seems like you can never be caught up with the times owning chicken houses. They are always requiring you to spend more money upgrading your stuff, so even if you do get em paid off one day, they'll probably be so dated you'll have to spend a shitload more to upgrade everything. One of her dad's alarms tore up last year and caused him to lose a whole house of chickens, got too hot and smothered em.

That's just what I understand from her family and a few other buddies I grew up around with chicken farms, so don't none of you chicken experts start no BULLshit if I got a small detail wrong in that! :flipoff1:

Re:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/bd/bd762e60f712808f68bb06eb00b8d27ead786992a3dc3591fce8f3dda42cd595.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Where Easter eggs come from
a228c627c0bde9cd2d5659328adaca98.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Latest posts