• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

BPINAZ said:
Just for 5Bros.....

:flipper:

I dip the welfare bear, Grizzly fine cut natural. It's cheap, but I usually keep a dip in for 3-6 hours depending on what I'm doing, so a can usually lasts about 3-4 days. I sometimes fall asleep with one in, if the ol lady says, "try a bite of this cake", I can usually eat it without taking the dip out. I should take y'alls advice and quit myself.

Re:

I've pretty much quit drinking since my son was born. Too much other stuff to do besides drink beer

99% quit all tobacco use. The guys at work think it's weird that I can bum a smoke one day, then not smoke another one for months. For the most part they are all long term habit/addicts

Re:

TBItoy said:
I've pretty much quit drinking since my son was born. Too much other stuff to do besides drink beer

My goal is for my son to never see me drink. I went hard for 10 years, drank a lot, did a lot of dumb things, hurt folks, drove drunk, hunted drunk, rode bikes and four wheelers drunk, and built a reputation I have been trying to change ever since. I will never argue over the rights and wrongs of drinking (now driving and other things intoxicated I will), that is for each man to figure out on his own, but I will tell you, if asked, why I quit. If my sons grow up and start drinking, that will be something they learned from somewhere else, not their dad. It is hard sometimes though when riding or eating hot wings not to get one of them cold beers and sit and enjoy it. I think it is a good thing all this craft beer started getting popular after I put it down, I would have been worthless and spent a lot of money just trying beer!

Re:

money_pit_yj said:
My goal is for my son to never see me drink. I went hard for 10 years, drank a lot, did a lot of dumb things, hurt folks, drove drunk, hunted drunk, rode bikes and four wheelers drunk, and built a reputation I have been trying to change ever since. I will never argue over the rights and wrongs of drinking (now driving and other things intoxicated I will), that is for each man to figure out on his own, but I will tell you, if asked, why I quit. If my sons grow up and start drinking, that will be something they learned from somewhere else, not their dad. It is hard sometimes though when riding or eating hot wings not to get one of them cold beers and sit and enjoy it. I think it is a good thing all this craft beer started getting popular after I put it down, I would have been worthless and spent a lot of money just trying beer!

I drank for years. I was one of those that if I had 1 beer, I'd drink until I passed out. Now, I don't hardly drink at all......for the same reasons you don't. I might have one beer every 2 or 3 months and that's about it. When my wife and I met (23 years ago) she found my pack of Red Man in the back seat of my old CJ7, she was going to school to be a dental hygienist at the time......Boy, I never heard the end of it. So, I quit chewing when I was a young man.

Hey I may drink half a monster in the mornings with breakfast on wheeling trips. During the week I may 2 in 7 days. It ain't no 5 a day.

But I damn sure like a wine flavor black n mild wood tip with a good dark beer at night, wheeling. Like I said livin the dream. Lol

I thought no problem can't be solved with a steak and a cold beer?

Re:

All the bible thumpers on facebook whining about Peyton Manning saying he was gonna drink a lot of beer after the game....Ermahgerd. I don't even watch fooseball, but I'm glad to see Peyton living the #JDlife and not giving a fawk what ppl think! Haha I'm sure Budweiser paid him good to say that.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
All the bible thumpers on facebook whining about Peyton Manning saying he was gonna drink a lot of beer after the game....Ermahgerd. I don't even watch fooseball, but I'm glad to see Peyton living the #JDlife and not giving a fawk what ppl think! Haha I'm sure Budweiser paid him good to say that.
Hes already making money from budweiser, i believe he owns 2 budweiser distributors in Louisiana.
I think its more of him saying he is going to drink a bunch of bud, and then thanking god in the next sentence, that has drawn the attention.

1.6 million is what Fox News said those two statements made Budweiser. I'm no football fan but considering that he wasn't "supposed" to be worth a **** after the last surgery, I think it's awesome they won and more awesome that someone say what they want to say and not be worried about political correctness. They are bitching because the other QB DIDN'T say enough. Whatever.

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

blacksheep10 said:
From baptists or what? I'm Lutheran and the wife is Catholic and drinking beer isn't seen as a bad thing.
Thats all that is around my neck of the woods, so yes, baptists. Everything is the debbil here.

Re:

! Haha I'm sure Budweiser paid him good to say that.

Budweiser did not know he was going to say that, but said they are going to send 50 cases to his celebration suare' :****: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers:

Re:

TacomaJD said:

You know man, sadly all the "holier than thou" snooty church goers have hurt "the Church". I've seen so many people that needed God in their life completely give up because one of the deacons, or someone like that was rude to them, or even better........they told them how they need to change and be more holy like they are. That kind of people is why I don't attend regularly. I'm a Christian, I ask for forgiveness, I forgive, I teach my kids to be humble and to pray, but I ain't perfect. I like my beer, during the rare times that I get to drink, and I cuss like a sailor most of the time, I like looking at hot chics, but I would never do my awesome wife wrong, I cut up all the time and make all kinds of jokes about ****. All the fake Bible thumpers need to get off their high horse, humble themselves, and pulled that log out their eye before they start pointing out the splinter in mine, yours or Peyton Manning's.

Oh, and **** that little bitch Cam Newton and the rest of the NC Panthers!

Re:

I grew up in a southern baltist church. Stopped going once I moved out on my own so mom wasn't there hollaring at me to wake up for church every sunday, half the time after I had only been asleep for a few hours and still somewhat drunk. (Late teens/Early 20's).

One of the last services I attended there, our pastor and long time renowned local citizen told us all God had called him to pastor a church over in Georgia as he cried his eyes out, and he took up offering 3 different times during that service. What he didn't know was a lot of us had already heard leaked info that he got caught laundering money from the church to build on to his house and was essentially being forced out. Guess the 3 offerings he took up was a compensatory attempt for what he stole from the loyal church members.

None of it is for me.

But don't ever forget what tithing truly is. It's not to give your earnings to the pastor for speaking or to the children's building volunteers. It's about giving to the church as God gives to us. So when he blesses you with a particular set of skills or healthy children or great job opportunity, you give back in return to help the church grow.

As soon as you drop that money in the plate it's Gods money. The people who handle that money is of no consequence to you. How they use it will be judged properly by God.

If all you say is true, he will be paid for his actions. Just like the rest of us.

So don't ever stop giving because you think someone is taking from you in the church. It's all about sacrificing in a way that God sacrifices for you

:) carry on