• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

So I worked a 3 week notice at my old company and had the chance to partly train the guy they hired to fill my position. With that I also happen to know they hired him in at $5k more than I was making. My first day with my new company was Monday, and I just received a text from one of my former coworkers that the new guy just quit before lunch today. I'm not sure if that's a sign of him being a bad employee or how much bs I was putting up with while underpaid. :rolf:

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

BLGXJ said:
So I worked a 3 week notice at my old company and had the chance to partly train the guy they hired to fill my position. With that I also happen to know they hired him in at $5k more than I was making. My first day with my new company was Monday, and I just received a text from one of my former coworkers that the new guy just quit before lunch today. I'm not sure if that's a sign of him being a bad employee or how much bs I was putting up with while underpaid. :rolf:
You can always reach back out at 10k over what they offered him, unless your current job is worth the money.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

lowbudgetjunk said:
You can always reach back out at 10k over what they offered him, unless your current job is worth the money.

That would be less than what I'm making now, not including benefits. I'm also at a much larger company with more opportunities for growth. I left on good terms, with the offer to come back at any time, but I can't say I'm really interested in it at this point.

Re: Re: Re: Random Thoughts

BLGXJ said:
That would be less than what I'm making now, not including benefits. I'm also at a much larger company with more opportunities for growth. I left on good terms, with the offer to come back at any time, but I can't say I'm really interested in it at this point.
Even better

I'm thinking it's time to trade the sportster and get a 17 flhxs (street glide special)
223383a79e5d65f5cd59a735c3efd56d.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

tnford88 said:
I'm thinking it's time to trade the sportster and get a 17 flhxs (street glide special)
223383a79e5d65f5cd59a735c3efd56d.jpg

Do it! It's just hard for me to make myself spend that kind of money on a bike when my $6k bike does everything them $20k+ bikes do. Minus stereo, but that can be fixed for about $800. molaugh

TacomaJD said:
Do it! It's just hard for me to make myself spend that kind of money on a bike when my $6k bike does everything them $20k+ bikes do. Minus stereo, but that can be fixed for about $800. molaugh
I'm wanting more power, plus I can only comfortably ride about 250mi before hurting on my sporty. The special comes with abs, security system, and touch screen/Bluetooth navigation stereo system. I'm thinking of trading the current bike plus money I was going to build motor and do 2 years of payments. In the end I'll have power, comfort, and the dressers seem to hold value good if I did get rid of it.

tnford88 said:
I'm wanting more power, plus I can only comfortably ride about 250mi before hurting on my sporty. The special comes with abs, security system, and touch screen/Bluetooth navigation stereo system. I'm thinking of trading the current bike plus money I was going to build motor and do 2 years of payments. In the end I'll have power, comfort, and the dressers seem to hold value good if I did get rid of it.

Completely understand the move from a standard to a bagger/touring bike. Just saying Harleys are damn expensive. I loooove my storage, comfy seat, and windshield, you will love it once you make the move. I am debating on putting a batwing fairing on mine with marine head unit, speakers, and amp. But I'm too cheap to even spend the $800 for that right now. Lol. Street Glide is my dream bike, in charcoal pearl.

e60ec43e9502f5d516643d6216db6a1e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TacomaJD said:
Completely understand the move from a standard to a bagger/touring bike. Just saying Harleys are damn expensive. I loooove my storage, comfy seat, and windshield, you will love it once you make the move. I am debating on putting a batwing fairing on mine with marine head unit, speakers, and amp. But I'm too cheap to even spend the $800 for that right now. Lol. Street Glide is my dream bike, in charcoal pearl.

e60ec43e9502f5d516643d6216db6a1e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Pocahontas doesn't like wheeling. Stop talking like you still have the red mutha ****in barron!

That truck for sale yet lefty? :butt:

I never thought I would ever own a Harley, let alone a Street Glide. It was expensive up front purchase wise ( bought my 15 new when the 16s dropped ) but man the fit, finish and refinement is excellent. I really enjoyed my 09 XR1200 Sporty too, wish I had both.

Still need a badass dirtbike again tho

BUG-E J said:
Pocahontas doesn't like wheeling. Stop talking like you still have the red mutha ****in barron!

Hahahahahahaha, Hilarious!!!! :****:

I sold my street glide 3 years ago and I'm starting to miss it but this time I want a ultra classic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

Give me a Triumph any day of the week. I am just not a Harley guy.

BUG-E J said:

She likes 2 wheelin AND 4 wheelin! She actually made the statement that the $9k I got out of the Ranger would be a good start to buying another crawler, she misses the red baron, which surprised me. I said **** woman, we gotta build a shop first! Ain't about to get back into crawling without having a shop. Garage is already full now and we can't even park in it, damn sure don't have room for a crawler (or time to fawk with one atm).

Truck still NOT for sale. Lol.

Why can't my delivery department count the material they send to make sure it's right???? 4 loads this week missing LVL's on. Pisses me the **** off.