• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

TacomaJD said:
Not knocking it, just calling a spade a spade lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Leave the spades out of this.

The Mexicans around here raffle their vehicle off when they go back to Mexico. They tell me it's not unusual to get twice the worth.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
I just messaged him about buying one! Even tho I ain't got a shop to park it in or a trailer to haul it anywhere haha. He said if anyone wins is within 8 hrs if him, free delivery. Lol

I thought you said you never wanted a buggy?????

Re:

I said I never wanted to do buggy stuff lol but I'll take it for $200! I'll also take 2nd and 3rd place and make a little money too. Lol

#gamblerproblems

Re:

TacomaJD said:
I said I never wanted to do buggy stuff lol but I'll take it for $200! I'll also take 2nd and 3rd place and make a little money too. Lol

#gamblerproblems

So climbing marks wall at the gap wasn't fun?

https://youtu.be/8PyL0QOneAM

Re:

If its something the red baron could have made it up, I don't consider it buggy stuff lol. Pick your poison and some of them other steep tall ass hills at Chocc are what I call buggy stuff. I'm out on that haha

Re:

That was a fun day riding shotgun tho! Glad I got out and let Piper in before you rolled it haha

Re: Random Thoughts

Holy **** I hate Atlanta traffic. Had to go to Atlanta to pick up some stuff for work today, took me 3 hours to get from Altoona lake to just off 285. piss on that crap everyday.

My buddy asked me to go to a Black Label Society concert in ATL in January, which also happened to be on my birthday, the 20th. I said nope, I don't think there is a band anywhere I'd drive to ATL to see.....and I really love live shows. Fawk ATL....no desire to go there at all for anything period. Lol

TacomaJD said:
My buddy asked me to go to a Black Label Society concert in ATL in January, which also happened to be on my birthday, the 20th. I said nope, I don't think there is a band anywhere I'd drive to ATL to see.....and I really love live shows. Fawk ATL....no desire to go there at all for anything period. Lol

Went to the new Suntrust park in Marriata back in july for the metallica concert, traffic sucked but nothing like this.

jeeptj99 said:
Holy **** I hate Atlanta traffic. Had to go to Atlanta to pick up some stuff for work today, took me 3 hours to get from Altoona lake to just off 285. piss on that crap everyday.

****, sounds like Washington, Baltimore, Philly ( Aka the whole North East ) everyday of the week.

Yep. DC traffic was the worst I've ever participated in. On the regular, Atlanta has the worst traffic in the Southeast.

I never had any problems in San Diego or LA, but always heard others complain. Houston was hit or miss too.

Best town for traffic that I ever lived in was Nashville followed up by Lincoln, NE.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

lowbudgetjunk said:
Yep. DC traffic was the worst I've ever participated in. On the regular, Atlanta has the worst traffic in the Southeast.

I never had any problems in San Diego or LA, but always heard others complain. Houston was hit or miss too.

Best town for traffic that I ever lived in was Nashville followed up by Lincoln, NE.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

we have a bunch of vendors from Nashville and they are saying the traffic is turning into Atlanta traffic at a quick pace. I haven't been to Nashville in a couple years but I don't remember it being terrible unless there was a wreck.

How in the hell do I know when to use effect vs affect ? I feel like I run into this all the time. I usually just reword the sentence not using them at all. Damnit.

hwmiller said:
How in the hell do I know when to use effect vs affect ? I feel like I run into this all the time. I usually just reword the sentence not using them at all. Damnit.

Definition of effect

1 :something that inevitably follows an antecedent (such as a cause or agent)

2 a :a distinctive impression ·the color gives the effect of being warm

b :the creation of a desired impression ·her tears were purely for effect

c (1) :something designed to produce a distinctive or desired impression —usually used in plural (2) effects plural :special effects

3 :the quality or state of being operative :eek:peration ·the law goes into effect next week

4 :power to bring about a result :influence ·the content itself of television … is therefore less important than its effect
—Current Biography
5 effects plural :movable property :goods ·personal effects

Definition of affect

[German Affekt, borrowed from Latin affectus]
:the conscious subjective aspect of an emotion considered apart from bodily changes; also :a set of observable manifestations of a subjectively experienced emotion ·… patients … showed perfectly normal reactions and affects …
—Oliver Sacks

from the interwebs

Random Thoughts

Traffic sucks everywhere now, in the last 5 years it's doubled in suckness , smart phones and dumb asses don't mix well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to stay away from Knoxville up here. I will go out of my way to go the OTHER way to like Maryville / Sweetwater / Athens for things.

People / drivers are just terrible there. It's mostly the left lane hoggers and people that have no idea that it is acceptable to right on red when making a right turn. I've no joke gone AROUND someone taking up residence at a right turn with a redlight.....there were at least 15 cars behind me.

Re:

Affect vs effect.

When you affect (verb) something, it causes an effect (noun). This is how I remember it.

TacomaJD said:
Affect vs effect.

When you affect (verb) something, it causes an effect (noun). This is how I remember it.

That actually makes sense. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

Siemens announced 1800 job cuts in North America (much more in Europe). Fawk! Said we won't know if it will affect our plant or not til January.