• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

straddleline is back!!!!!

I may. I'm kinda on the fence about it right now for a couple reasons....

What's the hold up?

When you did the PNW version of this IIRC there was little to no jumping involved.... but I think there is the potential for air time with this series (yes/no?? Anyone?). If so I'll need to come up with some bump stops in the front or bad things could happen :eek:

Air time depends on how hard you push it...you could do your laps without any hard landings, but your 2 lap combined time will suffer.

What's on Saturday then? Just open wheeling etc?

So $15 gets you in and racing, or $25 in and racing (with an additional $10 per extra body??)

I haven't been out on a SAT, but from what I understand it is just open wheeling...a chance to hit the rocks, logs, culverts & other obstacles.

I paid $25 to race.

:cool:

Free rome saturday. You wont know the track until the morning. They do have good air on the coarse if you choose to. If you decide to come down.....its well worth it. We had a blast last time. We wont make this one either. might come watch.

I saw you were rocking some new tires...what broke?

Were you at pick up a mountain or did you see pictures?
Those are my oldest set of tires.......Electrical issues of which I'm hopeing it's as easy as a rebuild on the alternator. Should be able to get it fixed in the next couple weeks.....

About the race itself......I've been told that part of the course is the mud pit. I was also told that a guy could go around the mud with a small time penalty?......It would determine which tires I bring to race.

About the race itself......I've been told that part of the course is the mud pit. I was also told that a guy could go around the mud with a small time penalty?......It would determine which tires I bring to race.

You have three lines......two mud and one with the tires...culverts. No time penalty . There isnt really any mud pits you have to go through.

Were you at pick up a mountain or did you see pictures?
Those are my oldest set of tires.......Electrical issues of which I'm hopeing it's as easy as a rebuild on the alternator. Should be able to get it fixed in the next couple weeks.....

I saw pics in the Pirate thread.

When I raced, you could go around the rocks with a time penalty. At another spot in the track you could choose between mud pit or tires/concrete culvert...no time penalty for choosing either option. So, if you wanted you could run the entire race without hitting the mud hole...penalty free.

What's the hold up?

Air time depends on how hard you push it...you could do your laps without any hard landings, but your 2 lap combined time will suffer.

The air time doesn't bother me, as long as the landings are good. My old rig I wasn't afraid to beat on it, this new one... well its "shake down" was 2 days of wheeling in Naches, and it ran perfectly, but I avoided jumping any of the waterbars on Milk Pond Rd. since it was a long drive/wheel back to camp :redneck:. I have limited fab time between now and then, so if I didn't need to make bump stops I would avoid it. Looks like I'm picking up some tennis balls if I can't get something together by then (poor man's, quicky bump stops for coils, or so I've been told).

Mostly because my rig made it back to the trailer Saturday on the end of a strap.......:booo:

Ya, but atleast it drove up on the trailer. How did it come off? That was very weird. Actaully it was acting just like my truck was that morning.... I'd look REALLY closely for a loose main battery cable somewere. Mine was actually the ground.

Won't be able to drive, but plan on bringing my boys out to watch.
On that note, how is spectator viewing? My 3 year old REALLY wants to come, but since I haven't been to this particular event, I'm leery as then I'll have to have my wife come and watch them (as my 5 year old will come as well, but then again she wants me to "win more trophies"). Steve Russels Tuff-Truck events were usually held in front of the stands, so that made spectator containment easy, however if as the pictures and video show this is mostly on the side/back and woods, there may not be much to see and might be harder to contain an excited 3-year old surrounded by "BIG TRUCKS", dirt and mud. And since I'll be racing and prepping, I won't be able to help with child control like I would want to.

I was thinking of holding off on bringing him this time, get an idea what it like, then trying for the series next year and bring him then (little older, little bigger, better idea what in-store).

thoughts? I don't want my wife to have no fun as she is spending every moment trying to contain our children while I "play". It not fair to her and won't be fair to "me" later :D

On that note, how is spectator viewing? My 3 year old REALLY wants to come, but since I haven't been to this particular event, I'm leery as then I'll have to have my wife come and watch them (as my 5 year old will come as well, but then again she wants me to "win more trophies"). Steve Russels Tuff-Truck events were usually held in front of the stands, so that made spectator containment easy, however if as the pictures and video show this is mostly on the side/back and woods, there may not be much to see and might be harder to contain an excited 3-year old surrounded by "BIG TRUCKS", dirt and mud. And since I'll be racing and prepping, I won't be able to help with child control like I would want to.

I was thinking of holding off on bringing him this time, get an idea what it like, then trying for the series next year and bring him then (little older, little bigger, better idea what in-store).

thoughts? I don

Ya, but atleast it drove up on the trailer. How did it come off? That was very weird. Actaully it was acting just like my truck was that morning.... I'd look REALLY closely for a loose main battery cable somewere. Mine was actually the ground.

Drove onto and off the trailer just fine.....Can't be a battery cable. A cable connection would not stop a rig from running only keep it from starting....Could be a electrical connection elsewhere...

I really wanted to make another one of these, but lack of time lately and some parts not showing up im probably going to be a spectator... unless if enter my little ranger.