• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wandering Frenchie news

Work I will be in Colombus IN.
I want to live somewhere where I can find a garage and not be bothered by the neighbors nor bother them with grinding noises at 2am :****:

Boy that's flat land country but there's good hills just southeast of there and not far from Louisville. I take it ur going to Cummins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supplier working for Cummins yep.

And I'll drive to go ride. Better than being in France and looking at pics on facebook ;D

I'm from Ohio so I feel the pain of a 6-8 drive for good stuff, hope it all works all for ya man

Crossing fingers.

And I love Harlan. Been there once and I wanna go back, bad.

Thank you. Hopefully it won't be necessary and we'll ride again together !

Bebop said:
Work I will be in Colombus IN.
I want to live somewhere where I can find a garage and not be bothered by the neighbors nor bother them with grinding noises at 2am :****:

Columbus is a good town but the land is as flat as it can get. I lived in Columbus for 10 years and graduated from high school there. Lots of cool architecture and people with money.

Hope everything works out for you.

Re: Re: Wandering Frenchie news

Bebop said:
Hi guys,

I'm going to make it short, but here is a little recap of my situation :

My contract is finished at the end of this week.
I managed to find and sign for a job in Southern Indiana.
It's a great position, moving my career forward and keeping me in an industry I like (I'm an automotive engineer) in a great company.

I'm very happy ! 8)

Now, for the less fun and scary part :

I am in the process to get a new visa. I cannot renew the one I have RN, I need a new one.
To do so, I need to leave the country, go back to France, apply there, pass the character interview again and come back.
This process can take 3 days to 3 months or more and there is no guaranty of a positive outcome. I might very well be denied (happened to the person who was supposed to replace me at work) and no reason why will ever be disclosed.

Sooooo I've got two choices :

1) Sell everything, move back to France, get a visa and move back to the US. In case I don't get a visa, no big deal, all my stuff is already in France. But moving overseas twice is extremely expensive (around 15k$)
2) Pack all my stuff in a storage unit, go back to France, get a visa and come back with everything here waiting for me. If everything works out like it's supposed to, I'll save a lot of $ by doing so. But if I can't get a visa, I'm basically hosed as I can't access my possessions again.

I'm a positive person, and will go out on a limb and take the option 2. But I'm of course worried about the outcome of all of this.

Now, I have 3 weeks of vacation before my visa expires (end of April), and I'll try to use them to cross items of my bucket list.

I want to go to EJS. It's in one week, I've got nothing planned, IDK how I'll go, nor sleep, nor ride over there, but I really want to see Moab.
I want to rent a Jeep and drive the Rubicon.
And last but not least, I want to see and hike the Grand Canyon.

#mylife

It ended up being way longer than I wanted to type but now you got the full picture.
Hopefully I get this new visa and can come back to continue living in this great country and finally start a buggy build :smoke:
I live in southern IN, just don't find a place to live in Austin, the thieves and heroin addicts will Rob you blind. I have quite a few friends who work in Columbus.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Wandering Frenchie news

Bebop said:
Crossing fingers.

And I love Harlan. Been there once and I wanna go back, bad.
Yep....You did well on Fish Fossil, but I wish you'd have gotten to hit a few more trails and beat on it some. I was thinking you were taking it easy and that's not how I roll.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

09ce3fecc07fb384bde1909e5a484532.jpg

Nicest French fry I know.
If their is anything we can do please don't hesitate to post up. Enzo we got your back. Just let us know what you need us to do.

Thanks guys !

@Kel : Not my rig, I try to baby the rigs that are mended to me, I have a bad track record with breaking loaners :****:

All my stuff is in a storage unit. Currently waiting at the gate in Atlanta airport.

Sharing a post directly copied from my Facebook because I'm still laughing from it :

" Igot patted at the TSA checkpoint bc the machine picked up "something" on my shoulder. No problems, go ahead sir.
15mn later an agent finds me at the gate to ask for my lock code as they are going to search my bag too. The face on that agent after she got the code of my lock was priceless.

Said code is : 666

Bwahahahahahahaha ????"

Will update when there are news from the visa.