• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what type of beer is TacomaJD drinking right now

Re: TacomaJD late night shenanigans.

Busch Light is the **** (in a good way, lol) Been drinking it for years.
Had a teenager tell me few weeks back that Busch was what raging alcoholics drink!! :****: molaugh
I was like....."Cool,believe I'll have another!!!" :drinkers: ;D

Re: Re: Re: TacomaJD late night shenanigans.

blacksheep10 said:
The Busch LIght?
man I grew up on busch light, every weekend and most weekdays from 18 to 32. I opened my shop in KC area and the mechanics in the adjacent shop were getting into crafts. We tried a different one every time, and ended up on a bunch of hoppy and stout ****. I literally can't drink busch light anymore. Can't do it. So ****ed up how your tastes changes. If you haveme a keystone 5 years ago I would have gagged and no gotten it down. Now if I'm not savoring a Pale Ale or IPA, I'll chug keystone. Weird, I know, I don't get it either. If I get tired of drinking light beer at a wheeling event and we are back at camp sitting around and motivation is winding down, I'll pop a brown bottle and be right back in the game.
Worst hangovers I've ever had from beer on Pale though. **** ruins my tomorrow.

That's exactly how I was. I would say roughly 3 years ago was when I got into crafts. I have some older buddies that were always into crafts and trying a different beer everytime they saw one available that they haven't had before. I started trying them, because we would all usually go out to eat and end up places that had a wide variety of crafts. I hated all of them from the start, but kept trying them until I found one that was bearable as a sipping drink (Straight To Ale - Monkeynaut IPA 7.25%), then grew to like it enough to where I was like Hell yeah, gimme a Monkeynaut! Then after that, it was all over….gateway beer lol. I love IPA's, Porters, Stouts, ESB's, **** balls, I love em all! Only thing I'm not a real big fan of are Ales that have a vibrant floral taste, I like hoppy/bitter.

I explain acquired taste like if you went your entire life without tasting chicken, then you ate some bland chicken after being 25 years old and only having red meat before. I imagine chicken would taste kinda weird the first time you ate it, then you would find that cooking it different ways, adding marinades/seasoning, etc. you can have some really bombass chicken! Probably not a direct comparison, but close enough to get the idea.

johneddie said:
Busch Light is the **** (in a good way, lol) Been drinking it for years.
Had a teenager tell me few weeks back that Busch was what raging alcoholics drink!! :****: molaugh
I was like....."Cool,believe I'll have another!!!" :drinkers: ;D

I'm like that with the Beast! Worst hangovers I've ever had were when I drank nothing but crafts all night or had too much moonshine with my light beers. I usually drink anywhere from 4-6 crafts starting out the night depending on what I'm doing, then drink the Beast for the rest of the night. I can usually maintain myself and feel pretty good the next day.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TacomaJD late night shenanigans.

TacomaJD said:
That€™s exactly how I was. I would say roughly 3 years ago was when I got into crafts. I have some older buddies that were always into crafts and trying a different beer everytime they saw one available that they haven€™t had before. I started trying them, because we would all usually go out to eat and end up places that had a wide variety of crafts. I hated all of them from the start, but kept trying them until I found one that was bearable as a sipping drink (Straight To Ale - Monkeynaut IPA 7.25%), then grew to like it enough to where I was like Hell yeah, gimme a Monkeynaut! Then after that, it was all over€.gateway beer lol. I love IPA€™s, Porters, Stouts, ESB€™s, **** balls, I love em all! Only thing I€™m not a real big fan of are Ales that have a vibrant floral taste, I like hoppy/bitter.

I explain acquired taste like if you went your entire life without tasting chicken, then you ate some bland chicken after being 25 years old and only having red meat before. I imagine chicken would taste kinda weird the first time you ate it, then you would find that cooking it different ways, adding marinades/seasoning, etc. you can have some really bombass chicken! Probably not a direct comparison, but close enough to get the idea.

I€™m like that with the Beast! Worst hangovers I€™ve ever had were when I drank nothing but crafts all night or had too much moonshine with my light beers. I usually drink anywhere from 4-6 crafts starting out the night depending on what I€™m doing, then drink the Beast for the rest of the night. I can usually maintain myself and feel pretty good the next day.
So basically, your saying monkey nutts taste like chicken?

Re: Re: Re:

TheViking said:
Hey ain't drinking Smithwicks
608a928c954699bb4410e9a0cd599851.jpg

d4184a12af7a6d4beec1ebfef69ae496.jpg

f9e81809a570286f84b5ecfb268e683d.jpg

Tryin to see what all is out there other than Coors Lite and Landshark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EsPowell said:
Tryin to see what all is out there other than Coors Lite and Landshark

I usually rely on Kroger for "building" a custom six pack. The one in my area has a pretty good selection of craft beers. Just give it a whirl....you'll pick some winners and a maybe a loser every now and then. But hey, that's part of the fun of it! :drinkers:
Lotta times I go back and get a six or twelve pack of one beer if I find one I really like. Btw...the New Castle is pretty good stuff. I've bought 12 pack of it!

Don't have a Kroger around here but there's a World Market that's not too far away. Me and my wife were there the other day and I wanted to "build" a 6 pack but of course it was Sunday and couldn't

JD...I love micro brews just as much as you...however I don't get to enjoy them as regularly as you do. In the past the brews that were in the cans kinda stayed in the background because I associated them with cheaper beers and always opted to pick up the ones in bottles. Lately I've been seeing quite a few more showing up in cans. The makes sense that they would be fresher and not prone to the effects of UV light and such, but I always worry that they'll take on some flavor from the aluminum can. If you've ever drank a bud light or something similar from a can and followed it up with the same from a bottle you'll know what I'm talking about.

So...I'm curious if you've noticed this with the various brews you've been showing lately that are in cans...any side effects of being in the cans vs. bottles?

Re: Re: what type of beer is TacomaJD drinking right now

**** I drank different ones so really can't tell a difference between the container. They all good to me! Lol.

b46e6066c28b0c99448f2a3f94001d61.jpg

7abebd82590581e472faa2c745fd207b.jpg

bac64c4d29bb735e9f0fa746f0ae948f.jpg

af0ec7fb0039d22a9f61e1f45bb150bf.jpg

bc731c0d2bd96d90724b63ad50d5957f.jpg

Ole lady gonna make me fat if she keep making all this food and cookies! (And I keep drankin all this beer.....)

Good brew from one of my favorite breweries!

7df4cee3fde434cf03239f1040fa72df.jpg

clemsonjeep said:
JD...I love micro brews just as much as you...however I don't get to enjoy them as regularly as you do. In the past the brews that were in the cans kinda stayed in the background because I associated them with cheaper beers and always opted to pick up the ones in bottles. Lately I've been seeing quite a few more showing up in cans. The makes sense that they would be fresher and not prone to the effects of UV light and such, but I always worry that they'll take on some flavor from the aluminum can. If you've ever drank a bud light or something similar from a can and followed it up with the same from a bottle you'll know what I'm talking about.

So...I'm curious if you've noticed this with the various brews you've been showing lately that are in cans...any side effects of being in the cans vs. bottles?
To a point this is correct. Some beers have light stable hopps and that is why they are in blond bottles. In the process of making beer, a canned beer will contain more oxygen than a bottle with a keg having the lest amount of oxygen per parts per million. Heat, light, and oxygen help deteriorate beer and any other food product as well. The point of pasteurization is to kill microorganisms which change the taste. You can cold filter a brew or pasteurize it and have 2 different taste from the orginal brew.