• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

XRRA Badlands, PLANS?

6uldv8 said:
I've been riding my bicycle at night and making motorcycle sounds!
You got the beach cruiser.

That's MY bike
976capture_friday02.jpg

InDaShop said:
You may, but theres a tough field, and a handful of guys have home field advantage, Rusty, and all of the Branik guys.

Saw your name on KOH, why not Levi as well?

Branik boys better PRACTICE! Rusty who? Levi got added to the KOH list today.

I actually dont agree with pre running courses. I hope the locals show some good ol' boy pride and run like everybody else. It happens elsewhere, its still not right.

So I guess I need to call the Attica Inn,sounds like it's the happ'n place and close toooo.

Caddishack18 said:
I actually dont agree with pre running courses. I hope the locals show some good ol' boy pride and run like everybody else. It happens elsewhere, its still not right.
I couldn't agree with you more. The 'Springs race was BS in my opinion (not that it matters).

Just called the Attica Inn and all they have is Kings left.Where is the next best place to stay?Can I get a Phone # if you have it.I'm helpless.

InDaShop said:
You may, but theres a tough field, and a handful of guys have home field advantage, Rusty, and all of the Branik guys.

Home field advantage for Rusty? ??? That's funny. He wheels about twice a year. Once to practice in the spring and once for Toys for Tots in December at the Badlands. I've never seen him wheel more than that. 4 and 1/2 hours away isn't real home field advantage like the last top 6 at the Colorado Springs race where like 4 of them were from Colorado Springs. :spin:

[quote author=caddishack18]I actually dont agree with pre running courses. I hope the locals show some good ol' boy pride and run like everybody else. It happens elsewhere, its still not right.[/quote]

Coundn't agree more. The Springs is a great course, but kind of funny how it works out there. It's a set course pretty much...the one this year was almost identical to the finals last year :popcorn: It's one of those things that everyone talks about and doesn't agree with, but nobody really knows what to say. It's not like practicing at a place for rockcrawling. With rockcrawling...you can try a rock garden or certain hills, but you really don't know where the cones are and how things are going to be laid. With Colorado Springs, you can friggin run the exact course and time yourself and all the jumps and each turn and know exactly your plan going into the race. :dunno:

Droopy said:
Home field advantage for Rusty? ??? That's funny. He wheels about twice a year. Once to practice in the spring and once for Toys for Tots in December at the Badlands. I've never seen him wheel more than that. 4 and 1/2 hours away isn't real home field advantage like the last top 6 at the Colorado Springs race where like 4 of them were from Colorado Springs. :spin:

If Weaver has any control over the park, he won't let anyone pre-run the course.

I doubt Troy will be in to that either.

wngrog said:
If Weaver has any control over the park, he won't let anyone pre-run the course.

I doubt Troy will be in to that either.

I'm not talking about pre-running like the week of them setting up the race. Here in the east they really don't know where the course will be laid out until they (XRRA) get there. There is a place out west where the course is pretty much set that is how the race will be no matter what time of year it is. That is the home field advantage. Being able to go there everyday until the week before the event and actually running the exact course.

...and I was just commenting how nobody really has home field advantage at the Badlands, especially Rusty since he really don't go there that often. :dunno:

We're at the Attica Inn. Don't really feel like driving 35 miles in the morning Saturday...but everywhere in Attica to stay is kind of blah :p . Kind of what is worth more I guess. Location or sleeping in a nice hotel that is probably cheaper than the rip off Ma and Pa place.

I'm going to the race for the mag(i know i know)... and that's about as far as I've got with plans. :dunno: Probably hit up the Attica Inn if that's where everyone is staying.