• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ATTN: PETER

CheapJ7 said:
When we.. U gonna fix my Fuggin Shock I broke draggin u'r janky ass out of the woods... :flipoff1:

**** yo shock, you shoulda took the cash I tried to put in your hand when it happend.. I already spent it on hookers and Keystun's !!

Peter, Take my advice (or not) :dunno: Here is the way I have made it work for me. Help the people that you want to help you. And in helping those people maybe you'll learn some things along the way, then you will not be so dependant on others help. Learn as much as you can from everyone around you at every possible situation. This is how I gotten where I am in knowing how to fab and such. Just my .02 worth! ;)

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
Peter, Take my advice (or not) :dunno: Here is the way I have made it work for me. Help the people that you want to help you. And in helping those people maybe you'll learn some things along the way, then you will not be so dependant on others help. Learn as much as you can from everyone around you at every possible situation. This is how I gotten where I am in knowing how to fab and such. Just my .02 worth! ;)

Thats how you get free machine work. :flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1:

I tried to explain that to my wife but she didn't get it. The guy who is helping me build my rig had hinted a while back that he wanted to do a full cage in his and replace the stock bs. I went there every night and helped him until it was done, no matter how late it was. When asked, by my wife, why I was spending so much time on something that wasn't mine, I told her "the next time we do this, it will be mine, and would like his help". Gotta give help to the people that might help you one day. There is no such thing as FREE labor, put in some time and you will get some in return.

Same here Daniel has way more time in my stuff than I do on his. Prolly cause I'm the only machinist in the world who can't weld worth a damn. If Im fabbing something that has to be welded I've gotta have his help. Like my cage if it wasn't for him it'd still be a pile of tubing in the floor. I help him as much and the best I can. It's kinda hard sometimes to help someone who doesn't need help. The boy can do any and everything.

DeleriousII said:
I tried to explain that to my wife but she didn't get it. The guy who is helping me build my rig had hinted a while back that he wanted to do a full cage in his and replace the stock bs. I went there every night and helped him until it was done, no matter how late it was. When asked, by my wife, why I was spending so much time on something that wasn't mine, I told her "the next time we do this, it will be mine, and would like his help". Gotta give help to the people that might help you one day. There is no such thing as FREE labor, put in some time and you will get some in return.

Thats the way it is supposed to work. This is our local crew. Pat and I work together on our rigs all the time but are only a call away from loading up and lending a hand to the others. They also do the same for us.

Me - I will work on anything. I usually need some direction on the "detail" stuff.
Pat - He can do it all.
Louis (aka Michael) - very meticulous
Nate - Fab and basic
Joel - Well...???.....?????.....????...... He will sit on a bucket and watch you work. :flipoff1:

DavidsCJ7 said:
Thats the way it is supposed to work. This is our local crew. Pat and I work together on our rigs all the time but are only a call away from loading up and lending a hand to the others. They also do the same for us.

Me - I will work on anything. I usually need some direction on the "detail" stuff.
Pat - He can do it all.
Louis (aka Michael) - very meticulous
Nate - Fab and basic
Joel - Well...???.....?????.....????...... He will sit on a bucket and watch you work. :flipoff1:
does joel drink? that's important too. drinking while others work. all my friends do that, it must be part of it.

Juan_Hong_Loe said:

Advice taken...although I am not sure who needs what and where I can help out, but I am willing....

ROCK SKEETER said:
peter pulled out the

RRRRAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!11!

in P......

P, you should put Peter on the pit crew for the Dirty 30. I'm sure he would learn a lot and eventually become an asset to your race team. It would probably allow the two of you the time you need to bond.

that would work out spectacular is I could afford to race ! :flipoff1:

he already loves me, what more bonding can we do

peter your first task is to help him move all of his **** from one house to another....I would almost bet that if you spent time helping him move his stuff that once he got all settled in to the new casa he might be more inclined to help you back.

DeleriousII said:
peter your first task is to help him move all of his **** from one house to another....I would almost bet that if you spent time helping him move his stuff that once he got all settled in to the new casa he might be more inclined to help you back.

Guaran-damn-tee you of that

DeleriousII said:

Two men in a bread truck would make it easier than one man in a pickup.

I am sorry but for some reason when most guys say they need help 90% of the time the excuse is I don't have a welder. You can go to Lowe's or Home Depot and you can be set up with a Lincoln 115 Volt wire welder for approx $500.00. (That is including Helmet, Gloves, Welder, Wire, Renting Argon tank and all) You can weld up to 1/4" OK with this setup. (May be better welder for the money this is just what I have)To start out you will also need a decent 4" grinder (Dewalt, Makita etc) for $100.00 or less. In my opinion Harbor Freight **** is a waste of money in this area. If you do not have a torch get a sawzall $80.00. This is not the best setup but it will get you by till you figure out if you can do this or not. For $700.00 you will be able to do a good bit of fabrication. I am on a budget just like most people and it may take a month or two to be able to afford the above items but you have to start somewhere. Also remember the above items you will use on a regular basis if you wheel. That is just the way it is. If you buy the above items and you are not able to get the art of welding down you can always sell the items and get most of your money back.
If you do not know how to weld find you a fab shop and stop by and they will probably give you a few pieces of scrap or at least sell it to you real cheap. Welding with a wire welder is not that hard if you take your time and practice and you will figure it out.I have learned how to weld from practice and listening to people when they talk. (If it is a cage or something protecting your life then let someone you trust do the welding)

If you do not want to do it this way get all your stuff fabbed up so it is just welding that needs to be done then ask for some help on just welding.

I have met some of the guys on hear and some I have not but they are a great group of guys and they have a ton of knowledge. You make an honest effort and they will help push you to get it done.

I am no pro at welding but I can usually do a decent job to get myself by.

In an effort to rid ourselves of Peter Posts this thread will be guying bye-bye soon. Just wanted to warn you