• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

I'm gonna be the guy that brings this idea up but won't plan it. In my defense I've been riding as many times south of Knoxville as Josh Dean has real feet so I don't think I'm the guy for the job and I'm guessing it'll be farther south than Windrock unless Tony Bolton rents the whole place for the day and changes the rule on booze.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yeah my bad mines February. I don't know if I fat figured that or what. So later in the month would be better

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

muddinmetal said:
Last year. We kept missing the best part of the rut so they extended it
When's you're rut? Up here our hot and heavy rut is the beginning of November.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

We have a week or so right before Christmas that's borderline good but the weather always sucks. Not uncommon to see 70 degrees. Like muddinmetal said though first week of February seems to be on

blacksheep10 said:
Damn, ours is like Nov 10th
If you read the books it says ours is late Nov early dec. I've hunted since I could shoot and I see more dominant bucks up and trying to kick as in late January. Now right now is when you will see a lot of scrapes, rubs, and younger bucks being dumb. I've noticed the does are separating from the fawns but like I said this time of year the weather is terrible.

Well I just had an interesting ordeal. I just put a leveling kit on my truck, only 2". Took it to the shop down the road that does alignments and figured I'd wait since things shouldn't be too far off. About 45 min after it went on the rack the guy at the counter said things are really messed up and it'll probably be at least another hour. I said ok. Probably 30 min later a young kid comes out from the back and asks me to look at something. We go back and he explains that he won't be able to straighten out the steering wheel because he didn't have a big enough wrench. :****:. I called up the wife and she ran out my huge adjustable. In the meantime, he was showing me his other issue. The computer called for a little more toe in but whenever he shortened the tie rod, only 1 wheel would move. Lol. I said maybe pull it in and then turn the steering so they pointed more or less straight ahead. That worked. Then he couldn't figure out how to adjust the caster. And to top it off, he couldn't give me a printout. I'll probably take it back when their "main" guy is in to double check. Oh, and they still banged me for $85 even though I provided tools and did all of the work aside from turning a wrench or two.

It's a local tire shop. Seemed legit from the outside. The funny thing is I went there because I wasn't happy with the other place I used for my last truck. If they would just let me use their lazer thingy for 30 min, I'm pretty confident that I could get all of the adjustments perfect.

Beerj said:
It's a local tire shop. Seemed legit from the outside. The funny thing is I went there because I wasn't happy with the other place I used for my last truck. If they would just let me use their lazer thingy for 30 min, I'm pretty confident that I could get all of the adjustments perfect.
On almost all newer machines there is a button you can push and the program will show you the adjustment points and which way to go positive or negative. The one here wI'll even give an animation of the adjustment :****:

BUG-E J said:
On almost all newer machines there is a button you can push and the program will show you the adjustment points and which way to go positive or negative. The one here wI'll even give an animation of the adjustment :****:
That's what he was using. He even clicked one thing that had a picture of the cam bolts to set the caster. I guess if you sell tires, it works out well if you can't do an alignment.

Am i the only one who is pissed i can get a mcmuffin all day but cant get a bigmac at 10:45

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

So it's 35 degrees in the warehouse this morning and I'm actually wearing a light jacket. Associate comes in all bundled up(as usual) and still complaining about it being cold and how EEEEEEEVERYbody else in the world has it better than they do.

As he walks away, I noticed he is wearing flip flops with socks. My sympathy goes right back out the window.

Also....Jets pizza is shitty. It's basically tomato sauce with a lil crust and some weak ass craigslist toppings. People just aren't throwing away the good stuff anymore for me. :(

tonybolton said:
So it's 35 degrees in the warehouse this morning and I'm actually wearing a light jacket. Associate comes in all bundled up(as usual) and still complaining about it being cold and how EEEEEEEVERYbody else in the world has it better than they do.

As he walks away, I noticed he is wearing flip flops with socks. My sympathy goes right back out the window.

Tell his flip flop ass to walk up here.....The lows not getting above 25 for the next 10+ days