• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

5BrothersFabrication said:
Yes there was...

Kraco-CB-Deluxe.jpg

My dad and a bunch of folks would street race on Papermill Rd in the late 70's, early 80's. Dad had 3 Mach1's all with CBs at one point. Someone would be at the Liberty St end with a CB and someone on the Hollywood end watching for the fuzz. I remember being in a car seat in the red Mach1, staging up against a 70's Nova and getting pinned back in the seat on the launch. Responsibility was not my dad's best quality.
I was meaning the videoing of doing dumb **** and posting it

Re: Re:

TBItoy said:
Pretty much hourly.

What's more frustrating is that a lot of the people that have the opportunity to go and do as they please (trust fund types) don't appreciate what they have.
I am completely content with the path of life I have chosen, but sometimes I wish I could have afforded or had the ambition in my early 20's to move off to college somwhere like Auburn, then come back home. I don't feel like I missed a huge opportunity there, but it seems like something everyone needs to experience. "College Life"

I want to travel to so many different places/countries, it makes my head hurt when I think of how much time I would need off from daily life and money to travel that much.

Random thoughts about entrepreneurship always flowing, but I almost feel "afraid" to even consider starting my own business one day. I'm not good with taking big risks.

I would absolutely love to earn an Engineering degree, but I came to terms last year with the fact that that would require finishing at a 4 yr college just over an hour away and there is no way I would ever finish while keeping my current job. Not saying it can't be done, I just know I couldn't devote that much time to it while working full time. I can finish a BS in Business Management 15 minutes from my house. Currently, I'm 8 classes away from having an AS in Bus Management. I am learning real life application material that I am really interested in with this degree, so I feel it is well worth it, but Engineering is a little more appealing to me. Plus all the top jobs at work in the office require a BS or equivalent experience before applying, so I'm on a good path. I don't really have a specific job I wanna have "when I grow up" I just want to be good at what I do, make good money, and as long as it's not a job I hate, I don't necessarily have to love what I do.

Or maybe I do...I love Science. I guess my dream job would be to be an astrophysicist or something along those lines, like Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Space fascinates me, I would love to go to work and study/discover things that very few people in the world get the opportunity to study and discover. Completely new theories about things like dark matter, the heliosphere, composition of other planets and their moons, what else is out there that we don't know about, etc.

I really want to get into rental properties and maybe flip some properties too, as a side job. I think about this almost every day, as I have for quite sometime now. Gotta pay my house off first, so I can build/buy a new one and begin renting old house, then begin looking at acquiring other rental properties, and so on.

If there was good money to be made in it, I think it would be awesome to open a Powersports Dealership. I understand all the things that people hate about a dealership and feel I could run one that could instill confidence in customers, but I know it's a somewhat risky business, with what seems like the majority of revenue being generated through service work and parts sales. When I think of what I love and apply that toward a career, I believe running a dealership like that would be pretty ideal, if it weren't for the risk.

Just thinking about all this makes my brain lock up sometimes. I know it takes time to accomplish big things, but I'm an overly organized/prepared person, so I'm constantly checking myself to ensure I am working toward my goals and trying to decide what to work toward, and what may not be worth the effort.

Then throw in getting married and starting a family right in the middle of it, and there goes most of what little free time you had before, when you just thought you were busy. And btw, this does not signify something that will happen immediately, but it's certainly on my list in the not-so-distant future. Lol.

My brain always runs 9,000 mph. It's crazy.

Re: Re:

TacomaJD said:
I am completely content with the path of life I have chosen, but sometimes I wish I could have afforded or had the ambition in my early 20's to move off to college somwhere like Auburn, then come back home. I don't feel like I missed a huge opportunity there, but it seems like something everyone needs to experience. "College Life"

I want to travel to so many different places/countries, it makes my head hurt when I think of how much time I would need off from daily life and money to travel that much.

Random thoughts about entrepreneurship always flowing, but I almost feel "afraid" to even consider starting my own business one day. I'm not good with taking big risks.

I would absolutely love to earn an Engineering degree, but I came to terms last year with the fact that that would require finishing at a 4 yr college just over an hour away and there is no way I would ever finish while keeping my current job. Not saying it can't be done, I just know I couldn't devote that much time to it while working full time. I can finish a BS in Business Management 15 minutes from my house. Currently, I'm 8 classes away from having an AS in Bus Management. I am learning real life application material that I am really interested in with this degree, so I feel it is well worth it, but Engineering is a little more appealing to me. Plus all the top jobs at work in the office require a BS or equivalent experience before applying, so I'm on a good path. I don't really have a specific job I wanna have "when I grow up" I just want to be good at what I do, make good money, and as long as it's not a job I hate, I don't necessarily have to love what I do.

Or maybe I do...I love Science. I guess my dream job would be to be an astrophysicist or something along those lines, like Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Space fascinates me, I would love to go to work and study/discover things that very few people in the world get the opportunity to study and discover. Completely new theories about things like dark matter, the heliosphere, composition of other planets and their moons, what else is out there that we don't know about, etc.

I really want to get into rental properties and maybe flip some properties too, as a side job. I think about this almost every day, as I have for quite sometime now. Gotta pay my house off first, so I can build/buy a new one and begin renting old house, then begin looking at acquiring other rental properties, and so on.

If there was good money to be made in it, I think it would be awesome to open a Powersports Dealership. I understand all the things that people hate about a dealership and feel I could run one that could instill confidence in customers, but I know it's a somewhat risky business, with what seems like the majority of revenue being generated through service work and parts sales. When I think of what I love and apply that toward a career, I believe running a dealership like that would be pretty ideal, if it weren't for the risk.

Just thinking about all this makes my brain lock up sometimes. I know it takes time to accomplish big things, but I'm an overly organized/prepared person, so I'm constantly checking myself to ensure I am working toward my goals and trying to decide what to work toward, and what may not be worth the effort.

Then throw in getting married and starting a family right in the middle of it, and there goes most of what little free time you had before, when you just thought you were busy. And btw, this does not signify something that will happen immediately, but it's certainly on my list in the not-so-distant future. Lol.

My brain always runs 9,000 mph. It's crazy.

You just listed my life story a few years behind. The key to taking big risks is being very aware of what you have and what you are willing to lose. I bet the farm, twice. I had faith that I would come out on top and faith is all I had. I was broke, I worked a lot and I sacrificed a lot of family time to get where I am now. I also struggled to deal with the day to day disappointments and setbacks. Holy hell did I go through some rough patches. Add to that getting married, having two kids, bought, ran and sold a bar and moved houses. The one thing I can tell you is that there is nothing that you can't handle if you want too. Handle it better is what I try to do now.

I know whatcha mean! I get inspiration from several folks on here, you are one of them. We've had our differences, but I am down with anybody who goes out and owns their life.

After spending a good bit of time on a Polaris Ranger forum, I thoroughly appreciate all the intelligent and competent folks here. Fawk me, there are so many dumbass, arrogant, don't want to think for themselves, idiot, asshats on sxs forums, it's almost inconceivable. This place really is a gold mine for genuinely smart folks and I enjoy reading everyone's smartness, like the Ackerman angle thread and stuff like that. Learn a lot here, and not just about offroading.

tonybolton said:
The older I get....the more I like to listen to old people talk about "back in the day...." stories. Most of it seems made up or embellished, but it's entertaining nonetheless :)

I completely agree........when I was in my early 20's I worked with an old guy that fought in Vietnam, I use to love to sit around and listen to his stories.

MoparMan said:
I completely agree........when I was in my early 20's I worked with an old guy that fought in Vietnam, I use to love to sit around and listen to his stories.

Same here. I thought I had seen some **** with Haji in the big sandbox, in comparison, I didn't do ****! :eek:

5BrothersFabrication said:
Same here. I thought I had seen some **** with Haji in the big sandbox, in comparison, I didn't do ****! :eek:
Thanks for serving Dooder! The older he and I both get, the more dad will talk about Vietnam. I realized a long time ago my dad has done and seen things that I can not imagine. He neither celebrates nor complains about his time in country. I once saw him shoot a deer from probably 300+ yards away like it was 20 ft from him. Dad was standing in the middle of a gravel road with a cigarette in his mouth with about 2" of ash on it and he just raises up and shoots, deer falls dead. His buddy was amazed and dads response was "Hell that was nothing, the deer wasn't even shooting back". Dad and one of my good friends swapped stories one night when he got back from Afghanistan which was his second deployment (Iraq First) and his consensus was all the PTSD comes from guys seeing and doing stuff and then having weeks at a time to sit and relive and rethink it before something else happens to take his mind off it. Dad said they were in daily firefights, so you kinda got numb to it. I do not know, I just know regardless of everything else, I respect men or women who served our country.

money_pit_yj said:
Thanks for serving Dooder! The older he and I both get, the more dad will talk about Vietnam. I realized a long time ago my dad has done and seen things that I can not imagine. He neither celebrates nor complains about his time in country. I once saw him shoot a deer from probably 300+ yards away like it was 20 ft from him. Dad was standing in the middle of a gravel road with a cigarette in his mouth with about 2" of ash on it and he just raises up and shoots, deer falls dead. His buddy was amazed and dads response was "Hell that was nothing, the deer wasn't even shooting back". Dad and one of my good friends swapped stories one night when he got back from Afghanistan which was his second deployment (Iraq First) and his consensus was all the PTSD comes from guys seeing and doing stuff and then having weeks at a time to sit and relive and rethink it before something else happens to take his mind off it. Dad said they were in daily firefights, so you kinda got numb to it. I do not know, I just know regardless of everything else, I respect men or women who served our country.

I agree anyone that has served gets my respect. Even Kel.

I wish all these flag stomping liberals would move to Russia and see what happens when they try that **** over there.

kmcminn said:
I agree anyone that has served gets my respect. Even Kel.

I wish all these flag stomping liberals would move to Russia and see what happens when they try that **** over there.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I will never disagree with that. I understand that there are tons of views on religion, politics, IFS or straight axle, wet or dry ribs etc. etc.. I whole heartedly support the first amendment and think you should be able to voice your opinion....But I can not stand when someone has the nerve to dishonor this country by desecrating the flag. I feel the same way about the cross. When I look at the cross, all I see is the pain and sorrow Jesus faced for me to free from my sin. When I look at the flag, I see the hundreds of thousands of men and women who have died protecting it and ensuring us the right to voice our opinions. It is a sobering thought the number of people who have died for us to be able to live the way we do.

I just wish one of these flag stomping ****tards would do it in front of me.... Just once... :gtfo: Stomp on the Flag and you deserve to have your ass beat, and you deserve to have yourself and your little spawns deported.

kushKrawlin said:
You know the best part about it is??!?? I'd bet money.. Every Single person I have seen do it in some way gets government assistantance. I betcha

I'd bet my paycheck your right :dblthumb:

kushKrawlin said:
You know the best part about it is??!?? I'd bet money.. Every Single person I have seen do it in some way gets government assistantance. I betcha

A LOT of them are filthy rich white Democrats :****:

Haven't seen them. Just a bunch of hood rats.
On another note. If you haven't seen the rap video the kids made to Donald Trump .. Check it out .. The whole time all I could picture was my rig running through the crowd ... Is that weird?