• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re:

Have to go to "not America" part of north America tomorrow for a week. Not thrilled about that much time in Mexico honestly. Monterey for a day then an 8 hour drive to see a job site, then Mexico City for 4 days.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Re: Random Thoughts

THE GUYrock said:
Have to go to "not America" part of north America tomorrow for a week. Not thrilled about that much time in Mexico honestly. Monterey for a day then an 8 hour drive to see a job site, then Mexico City for 4 days.

So I guess we know who is building the wall now. On that note, I wonder if the home depots down there have a bunch of white guys hanging out willing to do drywall for 5 pesos an hour?

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Beerj said:
So I guess we know who is building the wall now. On that note, I wonder if the home depots down there have a bunch of white guys hanging out willing to do drywall for 5 pesos an hour?
I will report back with that info! Haha.

I'm only going because my company has a few vendors down there that we need to check in on. Quality is good but I personally I'd rather keep my companies business in the US. So they are sending me to see if we should consider cutting ties or continue on.

Re: Re:

THE GUYrock said:

Ive always heard there was a number of hurdles to jump through to drive through multiple Mexican states. Any truth?

Re: Re: Re:

paradisepwoffrd said:
Ive always heard there was a number of hurdles to jump through to drive through multiple Mexican states. Any truth?
No problems besides when we tried to pay a toll with USD, they tried to call police on us for it.

They don't take amex there, Everything NOT in a big city is less than dirt cheap. And in a bigger city it's dirt cheap. 3 giant gin/tonic a steak dinner, dessert, and 3-4 beers for 2 of us was 800 peso plus tip.

Driving 9+ hours in the Mexican desert sucks, but climbing to the top of the 3rd largest pyramid in the world was awesome.

And for a culture of people so against our wall proposal they sure do build lots of walls there to keep the poor/homeless out of their areas. Seems ironic
e57f3b7706a36cb99b6870ac9a5444f7.jpg
73c6b94a13f9a3979e086b14c5b25746.jpg
04cf1ff89bd6fba847c45a4989ca7e8d.jpg

Re: Re: Re: Re:

THE GUYrock said:
No problems besides when we tried to pay a toll with USD, they tried to call police on us for it.

They don't take amex there, Everything NOT in a big city is less than dirt cheap. And in a bigger city it's dirt cheap. 3 giant gin/tonic a steak dinner, dessert, and 3-4 beers for 2 of us was 800 peso plus tip.

Driving 9+ hours in the Mexican desert sucks, but climbing to the top of the 3rd largest pyramid in the world was awesome.

And for a culture of people so against our wall proposal they sure do build lots of walls there to keep the poor/homeless out of their areas. Seems ironic
e57f3b7706a36cb99b6870ac9a5444f7.jpg
73c6b94a13f9a3979e086b14c5b25746.jpg
04cf1ff89bd6fba847c45a4989ca7e8d.jpg

I know that's the truth. There were a ton of houses/compounds with walls & razor wire when i was there.

blacksheep10 said:
What pyramid is that? Kickass
It's the pyramids of death, the sun and the moon. I climbed the death and sun, I was too tired and sunburt for the last and smallest one. They are in Teotihuacan Mexico, awesome complex with a cool history.

Re: Random Thoughts

When I went to Cancun we went to see Chichen itza, probably one of the coolest historical things I have seen. The way they built all that stuff to line up with summer and winter solstice amazes me.

grcthird said:
When I went to Cancun we went to see Chichen itza, probably one of the coolest historical things I have seen. The way they built all that stuff to line up with summer and winter solstice amazes me.
Did you see any of the cenotes? The cenotes, from an aerial view, are located in a perfect semi circle inland. This is supposedly the perimeter of the crater from the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs. Geological studies were done and the semi circle finishes out in the ocean, so it looks like the crater is half on land and half in the water. Some of the cenotes were used as sacrificial pits too, lots of human remains and such down in some of them. I've wanted to go to Chichen Itza for a while. Will definitely go if we ever vacation to Cancun or Playa Del Carmen.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TacomaJD said:
Did you see any of the cenotes? The cenotes, from an aerial view, are located in a perfect semi circle inland. This is supposedly the perimeter of the crater from the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs. Geological studies were done and the semi circle finishes out in the ocean, so it looks like the crater is half on land and half in the water. Some of the cenotes were used as sacrificial pits too, lots of human remains and such down in some of them. I've wanted to go to Chichen Itza for a while. Will definitely go if we ever vacation to Cancun or Playa Del Carmen.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The wife and I plan on going to Playa Del Carmen next year, it is awesome. I did not get to go to Chichen Itza last time I was there, next time I am definitely checking it out.