• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rowe Tide!!!

Saban had to make a sacrifice to the football gods, he must have chosen the kicker! On a serious note, the # 2 kicker in the country was a boy from here in Ft. Payne, Evan McPherson, Saban let Dan Mullen come in here and sweet talk him to Florida. That kid was making 60+ yard field goal kicks in high school. I personally saw him make a 63 yard one during a game.

Nick Saban has built a dynasty no doubt. This is the best college team I have ever seen in the history for college football. Nick would have done this anywhere staying this long though. This success isn't about Alabama the program or the state. It's all about Nick Saban and what he has built.

Saban is the greatest, but to say Alabama was nothing before him????? There has been a few championships won there way before him.

zukimaster said:
Saban had to make a sacrifice to the football gods, he must have chosen the kicker! On a serious note, the # 2 kicker in the country was a boy from here in Ft. Payne, Evan McPherson, Saban let Dan Mullen come in here and sweet talk him to Florida. That kid was making 60+ yard field goal kicks in high school. I personally saw him make a 63 yard one a a game.

I like that reasoning for always having bad/inconsistent kickers.

Awh come on now I never said that:) Alabama football has a great tradition and do respect that. I do think through the majority of the fan base has gone way overboard about the program and how it got to this point.

zukimaster said:
Saban is the greatest, but to say Alabama was nothing before him????? There has been a few championships won there way before him.

You realize a LOT of the Bama greats over the last 11 years are born in or around Alabama and would have most likely went to Alabama either way, right?

There is a reason Saban isn't at Toledo or Michigan St.... You can't recruit

Sure there are some players out of Alabama that have played for Alabama that were good. As many or more came out of the state Georgia and Florida though. You take the best high school football team in Alabama and have them play a top team (not even the best) in the same region from Georgia and the Georgia team will beat the brakes off Hoover or whoever you want to put out there. The Alabama team will get out coached too by a long shot. Its a whole different level in this State. Saban went to Bama because it's close to Florida and Georgia.Why do you think UGA is closing so fast? Georgia high school football and coaching and Kirby's locking down the boarder. There are twice NFL players that played their high school football in the State of Georgia vs. Alabama.

muddinmetal said:
You realize a LOT of the Bama greats over the last 11 years are born in or around Alabama and would have most likely went to Alabama either way, right?

There is a reason Saban isn't at Toledo or Michigan St.... You can't recruit

Georgia has become some what better because one of Sabans minion is coaching it! Would you like to put any money on them Dawgs for the SEC game?

And since Alabama high school teams are no good, look who was here last week at one trying to recruit.
bc44e8a4ab2c81dec25133a023397ae8.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Molly Hatchet said:
Sure there are some players out of Alabama that have played for Alabama that were good. As many or more came out of the state Georgia and Florida though. You take the best high school football team in Alabama and have them play a top team (not even the best) in the same region from Georgia and the Georgia team will beat the brakes off Hoover or whoever you want to put out there. The Alabama team will get out coached too by a long shot. Its a whole different level in this State. Saban went to Bama because it's close to Florida and Georgia.Why do you think UGA is closing so fast? Georgia high school football and coaching and Kirby's locking down the boarder. There are twice NFL players that played their high school football in the State of Georgia vs. Alabama.

Is Hoover still that good? I remember in high school MTV filmed a show there and they were undefeated for like 2 or 3 years something crazy like that.

Yes, plus a couple more. I mean, when you have ESPN covering a high school game, got to be a little something to it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

lol I don't bet on 18 year old kids or things I can't control, no doubt Sabanville should beat UGA in a few weeks. UGA has improved but they are still not Athletic enough on the defensive front or MLB to stop Tua (HI kid) and that offense. Espn now covers everything. Trussville and Thompson would get smashed by a good GA high school team lol. As for Kirby being a minon that is flat out an incorrect statement. Bama's defense has fallen off since Kirby left no doubt. Kirby brought a lot to the table to Saban. Saban knows that Bama fans wont admit that. Why do you think Saban fought so hard to keep him and has now had to open up the offense. I'll retract my previous statement. Maybe Saban couldn't do it anywhere but as long as he's close to good talent in GA and FL and can recruit it he can. Alabama is the benefactor of what Saban does. Congrats to Bama for paying him the big bucks. Be happy you have the best team in college football due to St. Nick lol. Enjoy it while it last.

Well, maybe Kirby can get a few of those great Georgia high school coaches to come in for the game and help him stomp Alabama out......

Molly Hatchet said:
lol I don't bet on 18 year old kids or things I can't control, no doubt Sabanville should beat UGA in a few weeks. UGA has improved but they are still not Athletic enough on the defensive front or MLB to stop Tua (HI kid) and that offense. Espn now covers everything. Trussville and Thompson would get smashed by a good GA high school team lol. As for Kirby being a minon that is flat out an incorrect statement. Bama's defense has fallen off since Kirby left no doubt. Kirby brought a lot to the table to Saban. Saban knows that Bama fans wont admit that. Why do you think Saban fought so hard to keep him and has now had to open up the offense. I'll retract my previous statement. Maybe Saban couldn't do it anywhere but as long as he's close to good talent in GA and FL and can recruit it he can. Alabama is the benefactor of what Saban does. Congrats to Bama for paying him the big bucks. Be happy you have the best team in college football due to St. Nick lol. Enjoy it while it last.

What isle can I find some of that kool-aid on?

Molly Hatchet said:

I'm a Georgia fan but i will admit (very painfully) Saban is the best coach in college football, probably ever.

To be so smart, Nick Saban is a ****ing idiot sometimes...

There is ZERO reason for Tua to even be in the 2nd half of some of these games, yet he keeps him out there when he is obviously hurt. WTF?

muddinmetal said:
To be so smart, Nick Saban is a ****ing idiot sometimes...

There is ZERO reason for Tua to even be in the 2nd half of some of these games, yet he keeps him out there when he is obviously hurt. WTF?

I can agree with statement, but also disagree. Back up QB is hurt and had surgery, and 3d is a freshman that is doing all he can to stay alive. Still, why take the chance of your number one getting hurt, or worse, taking a loss in a perfect season? We will see how this shakes out in the end. :dunno:

ADMINISTRATOR

I have two tickets for this coming Saturday game. I have to work and can't go but I'll give them to someone if they will go to the game. I'd hate to see these go unused. They are seats that I got through Tide Pride. Let me know if someone wants them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts