• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lawn Mower?

I know it's a little late but I love my zipper TS 20 with the 64" front mount deck. The most comfortable and quiet mower out there in my opinion. I use a bad boy too and hate it, it's one of the first models and it just plane ol sucks. The newer ones may be better but the one we have us rough ridding, noisy, and doesn't mow all that great.

No rollers. You have to run the same lines the exact same way every time. Your grass will basically "train" itself to lay that way. I also cut it 4.5 inches tall. When you mow it tall the blades actually hold moisture better and lets more air into the roots. That's just cheap ass fescue. No fertilizer or water. It would lay much better if I wasn't a cheap ass. Also, no one else mows my yard. I'm ocd with my yard

e7cbb014.jpg

43383b9e.jpg

Both of these are cut with a 48" walker no stripe kit just the mower

I have thought about buying a stripe kit for my kubota but don't think it will leave strips like the one a few post above

Jb. Mine is a gravely 260z. It is a fully commercial mower with no stripe kit. Are you mowing the exact same lines in the exact same direction every time? That's the only way you will get consistant lines. It also looks like your deck might be a little low. Mine is set at 4.5"

I live in north al and there is no way I would or could cut Bermuda that high none does. Now my winter rye is a different story I looks better the taller it gets and my little 52" gravely will stripe it. Cash talks, what kind of grass is that?

Joe them yards look awesome. I just put some 8-8-8 out maybe I can get the Bermuda to start running good and fill in the bare spots in front of the shop.

I have to cut my Centipede way before 5.5" or it looks like crap I have mine set on 1.25" I believe my Grandmothers yard is mostly Bermuda and I cut it at 1.75 and the Toro will somewhat stripe it but nothing like Cash Talks or the ones Joe posted

I work for a large dealer outside Nashville we sell 300 plus mowers a year exmark is hands down the best mower out there new x series. Has a awesome suspension seat

And I run a 54" & 36" Hustler for my business. Wish I had experience with others but I've been happy with them and parts/service is readily available.

cash talks said:
Jb. Mine is a gravely 260z. It is a fully commercial mower with no stripe kit. Are you mowing the exact same lines in the exact same direction every time? That's the only way you will get consistant lines. It also looks like your deck might be a little low. Mine is set at 4.5"

Yeah same line every time that's what the customer wanted if I would have had it different I would have raised the deck and checkered but he liked one direction lines... This is an early spring cut and it had a combination of perineal rye and Bermuda I dropped the customer due to loss of $$$$ and spending way to much time to keep happy if u know what I mean but I did pick up a lot of business

People stopped me every week on this particular yard

kmcminn said:
I live in north al and there is no way I would or could cut Bermuda that high none does. Now my winter rye is a different story I looks better the taller it gets and my little 52" gravely will stripe it. Cash talks, what kind of grass is that?

Joe them yards look awesome. I just put some 8-8-8 out maybe I can get the Bermuda to start running good and fill in the bare spots in front of the shop.

Thanks man!!!!!

cjunknxs said:
I know it's a little late but I love my zipper TS 20 with the 64" front mount deck. The most comfortable and quiet mower out there in my opinion. I use a bad boy too and hate it, it's one of the first models and it just plane ol sucks. The newer ones may be better but the one we have us rough ridding, noisy, and doesn't mow all that great.

I know a commercial cutter who has a Bad Boy and a Dixon both 60" cut. He said the Bad Boy breaks down a lot and the front wheel spindles are weak. No problems at all with the Dixon.

I help a buddy on occasions that has SCAG mowers. He has turf tigers and cheetahs they take a beating everyday and hold up to some abuse! They may be a little more pricey but well worth it in the long run. They claim the new cheetah will run 16 mph. :****:

Depends on what you're looking for. Whats your price range, commercial cutting or personal use, property size, type of grass? You can get a $2500 toro timemaster or a $15,000 Kubota 300 Series.

Mainly a kentucky bluegrass and fescue blend. Once your lines are established beside a tree you can pick right back up after you go around obstacles

cash talks said:
Mainly a kentucky bluegrass and fescue blend. Once your lines are established beside a tree you can pick right back up after you go around obstacles

The pic is tripping me out. I only see the straight lines, and they look as if you mowed "thru" where the tree is, that and I dont see a circle ring/curve where you would've been goin around the obstacle