• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lawn Mower?

Im a pro landscaper been in industry for 11the yrs hands down best cut is exmark but for long lasting tough machine scag tiger cat is the machine I use exmark daily 60 inch zero turn her 1200FF hrs stil lays down perfect stripes

i have been mowing commerial for 6 years been around alot of mowers you will never beat the cut of a exmark mower little more cash for that red paint but worth it in the long run. and go with a kawasaki engine :****:

Re: Re: Lawn Mower?

Shoot, I can't believe nobody has mentioned one of them top-o-the-line '86 Snappers.....

Sent from my not-so-dumb phone...

Sawzall said:
I would be better off paying someone else to now my yard. You can pay for a bunch of yard mowing for $12000.

Yep, the older I get, the less I want to fool with a buncha yardwork. I'm watching this thread tho, Dad's office has 2.5 acres of hills and grass that gets cut on a John Deere with a bellymower. Need to get rid of it and get a zero turn.

bad80cj said:
Here is where I'm at with this. My budget is around $3500. Personal use on 22 acres. I currently mow 5-6. The rest is Bush-hog area. at some point once I get the property more manageable I will be mowing up to 8 acres. What would you get in my price range?

This is the option I am leaning towards
http://www.mowersdirect.com/Husqvarna-967-00-38-01-Lawn-Mower/p7874.html

Thanks
Steve

With your budget I think you're on the right track. You do get a lot for your money in the Husqvarna line of garden tractors and zero turns. I'd try to step up to a bigget deck on 5-6 Acres though.

Neal3000 said:
I'd kill myself if i had to mow 8 acres every other weekend

Right now with my current mower along with weedeating It's a 3 day a week gig. I finish one end of the property and start on the other side with in days lol :****:

I guess it all depends on the property too. One of my customers is ~3ac with a house and ~15 trees. With my 54" I can mow it in about 1.5 hours another 30 mins for weedeating But its relatively flat and somewhat smooth so I can get some good long runs with decent speed. I mow it every 10 days and it doesn't get too out of control.

I agree flat mowing I have about 4-4.5 the rest is dodging, multiple upon mutiple gardens, 7 buildings, to many trees, rocks, lol :drinkers:

i have a 2 year old cub cadet 52 inch deck... hate the thing. my fault, didn't know a lot about zero turns when I bought it. I work on it more than I mow with it... just replaced the center of the deck because it split around the bearing retainer. glad this thread came up, I am going to put this bitch on craigs list at the end of the season and buy a real mower for next year. didn't know about the welded deck, will have to look for that. I mow 2.5 acres once a week, dad uses it to mow about an acre with it also (it always breaks when he is using it, maybe operator error ::))... I have seriously considered paying someone to do it for the rest of the year just to not have to work on it anymore. I will say it does run good (25 horse kohler), all the problems are with the deck...

cash talks said:
Sorry. Didnt go through

Looks awesome, but why didnt you continue on the other side of the driveway? :gtfo:

Seriously though - looks great..

my .02 - Exmark - mowed 2 acres at my old place with a kawi powered lazer z and it did a great job....cupholders are useless at 9mph...not enough time between passes to make use of em lol..

POSYJ said:
Looks awesome, but why didnt you continue on the other side of the driveway? :gtfo:

Seriously though - looks great..

my .02 - Exmark - mowed 2 acres at my old place with a kawi powered lazer z and it did a great job....cupholders are useless at 9mph...not enough time between passes to make use of em lol..
I used to. Opposite direction so when you pulled up the drive they went different directions, but quit. I live at the end of a development in the cul de sac so its not like anyone sees it anyways.
Thanks for all the props, though

Re: Re: Re: Lawn Mower?

Neal3000 said:
I'd kill myself if i had to mow 8 acres every other weekend
X2

I can appreciate a nice yard, but I mow mine when the little dog starts to get lost on his way back and forth to the woods.

:****: