• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Beer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Beer

Bones said:
Whatever floats your boat is fine by me, but you might want to read up on INBEV and see just how unamerican your beer really is. This article sealed the deal for me to make an effort to avoid the 200+ brands owned by them. I don't always succeed since it's simply too damn many to remember. There needs to be an app for that laughing1

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-10-25/the-plot-to-destroy-americas-beer

Interesting stuff.. guess I will have to start trying new things

if im posting im bored

Matt O. said:
That is the instructions I followed. The key is the right sized pots for your batches. I have a 6 gallon pot that is perfect for the mash, because there is no headspace at all. This maintains your mash temp. I think move over to a 34 quart pot for the boil. I am making 5 gallon batches because I don't have a keg setup. It is pretty much money for what I am doing. Takes longer, but worth it IMO. I am still learning though, just did my fourth brew.

I am Matt Overton on untappd.
you've got to start kegging, I thought that made a huge difference in the quality of my beer, do you get your supplies from alabrew or online? I'm interested in trying the stove top all grain, when I think of all grain I think of a lab of burners and keggles in the garage.

race_jeep said:
you've got to start kegging, I thought that made a huge difference in the quality of my beer, do you get your supplies from alabrew or online? I'm interested in trying the stove top all grain, when I think of all grain I think of a lab of burners and keggles in the garage.
No more equipment needed other than a mash tun and that can be as cheap as you can scrounge up that holds a temp for over an hour.

I did my first yeast starter last weekend and brewed an all grain belgian ale. Checked it last night and it was swirling like mad. I have never seen that before doing extract and no starter.

Fermentation - YouTube

Shiner bock, coors original, coors light for the lake and wheeling and if I want to get really fancy DOS XX and 1864 the french beer I think

Bones said:
No more equipment needed other than a mash tun and that can be as cheap as you can scrounge up that holds a temp for over an hour.

I did my first yeast starter last weekend and brewed an all grain belgian ale. Checked it last night and it was swirling like mad. I have never seen that before doing extract and no starter.

Fermentation - YouTube

Wow that is awesome

Tonite I'm drinking a wild thing, brewed by Juan_Hong_Loe
FDE3BEB6-53EB-40D8-A75B-F7EB957518D7-7862-000004B13DF23140_zps94f8b816.jpg

That was last night after pitching it Sunday afternoon. This video is 24 after the one posted earlier. Air lock was clogged!

http://youtu.be/EuFvIYOBxfI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re: Re: Beer

Bones said:
Whatever floats your boat is fine by me, but you might want to read up on INBEV and see just how unamerican your beer really is. This article sealed the deal for me to make an effort to avoid the 200+ brands owned by them. I don't always succeed since it's simply too damn many to remember. There needs to be an app for that laughing1

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-10-25/the-plot-to-destroy-americas-beer

X2

Inbev is a sorry ass company.

If I have time/desire tonight after work I plan to keg my pale ale and try my hand at washing yeast to use on future batches because I'm a super Jew laughing1

Washed my yeast last night. Pretty simple and if it works that $7 stain is now 3-4 more viable batches of beer. Will see how it works and how my first pale ale is. Kegged it yesterday and will try it out in a few days. Hoping I don't regret going to a secondary as I am lazy 90% of the time and skip that step.

Damn I just cant get into homebrew. I dont like a single beer enough to have a keg, or even a firkin of it.

I'm now somewhere around 2000 different beers drank since summer 2009. And of those I'd say there are 20 that I'd keep in mass quantity.
The wife was super proud of herself for buying me a Racer 5 on Saturday, knowing full well I dont like IPA's. Too bad she didnt know IPA stands for India Pale Ale which is emblazoned across the label. laughing1

I am kind of the same way which is why I try to keep a minimum of 2 on tap, but I only have room for 3 anyway. It's just a simple mans hobby with not a ton invested, but you can go all in "Ben Napier style" if you wish and it will practically make itself. If there was a Saucer here I would be done brewing! Closest place has 60 or 80 on tap and is clear across town....hmmmm business model :popcorn:

Saw that too. It's been going on with soda for a while now with different size packs and various ounces. You would thing all that line changing would make the profits pretty small :dunno:

Hopped on the Untappd site. Not super user friendly, but saddens me on how much beer I have consumed and how little my store shows. Got me logging on to websites to correct info.

I wish I had time to brew these days.

Re: Re: Beer

Untappd isn't bad once you familiarize yourself with the ergonomics. Hardest thing to do is remembering to check in when drinking a good brew.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Latest posts