• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Beer

Well I racked my Blonde Belgian Ale last night to the secondary and it looked really clean, smelled great and I think will finish really clear without gelatin. Cleaned that yeast and now I need to polish off a keg to make room for this one soon!

Looking for another good summertime beer. Have a Pale Ale which I am unsure how it will taste and this Belgian.....maybe a hefe or a patersbier. Both recipes I have are stupid simple.

Also, after my Pale Ale (which I think will be a fail), I steal my recipes from here http://www.donosborn.com/homebrew/Beer_Log.htm since I use similar equipment and he also has other nerdy things like home made stir plates, etc.

Yes on the muscadine......easier to make than beer.....just need the right yeast and a Saturday afternoon.

I made some green apple wine last year that kicked ass, it didn't last long, I'm thinking my summer beer is gonna be a honey kolsch, I think I'm gonna try all grain with it. thumb.gif

Bones said:
Washed my yeast last night.

I don't know why, but everytime I click on this thread, this comment is at the top of the page and it is immediately all I focus on. Glad you keep it clean, nobody likes a yeast infection...

race_jeep said:
I made some green apple wine last year that kicked ass, it didn't last long, I'm thinking my summer beer is gonna be a honey kolsch, I think I'm gonna try all grain with it. thumb.gif
That was one of my first few extracts and it was a fast moving beer. Didn't last long at all.

Bottled Honey Brown from Northern Brewer on Monday. Looking forward to trying it out next week, smells amazing and looks exactly as it should.

I am going to make this for my summer beer, because it tastes amazing. I was blown away buy it, and I am a big fan of the style.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f76/summer-winter-solstice-clone-198631/

Any guidance on kegerators? Looking at the mini-fridge conversions right now, but if anybody knows a good source or has good info pass it on

My first all grain was a pale ale. Tapped it tonight and its very smooth unlike an India Pale Ale is. Citrusy and smooth. I'm a big fan so far. Could be a lot clearer had I used a secondary.

The Belgian is much clearer in the 2ndary. And will get kegged this weekend.

Got the ingredients for this tonight. http://www.donosborn.com/homebrew/Beer_Log2010.htm#pater already have the yeast since its the same as the Belgian I made 2 weeks ago so I have $22 into this next batch. Once I buy grain/hops in bulk and get a larger yeast inventory I'll be real cheap on batches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot the pic of the pale ale
6u2a3yte.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a big fan of Beer Engineers Peanut Butter Porter. Too bad they messed up the last batch and it will be months before they get anymore ready. Terrapin does a seasonal Peanut Butter Porter and of course it is out of season.

Anyone know a good PB Porter available in Alabama.

lowbudgetjunk said:
I am a big fan of Beer Engineers Peanut Butter Porter. Too bad they messed up the last batch and it will be months before they get anymore ready. Terrapin does a seasonal Peanut Butter Porter and of course it is out of season.

Anyone know a good PB Porter available in Alabama.

The Terrapin Liquid Bliss was amazing. Really good beer, much better than the BE in my opinion. I have a bottle of the BE in my fridge though, saving it for the fall.