• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Outlaw

Re:

I believe that Mark Williams 9" stuff was what Shane Kellars green hill killer buggy was running with those huge cut 47s.....never saw it break anything and it had a healthy motor and awesome driver.

Re: Re: Outlaw

June dog said:
I heard today " from a third party" that the motor has developed a slight knock. He's just hoping it stays together thru this weekend. It gonna suck if he gets beat in his own back yard. But I guess that's racing. They said he doesn't have enough time to tear it down and get it back together before the race at wildcat.
Sounds like he needs some Lucas!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re:

tonybolton said:
I believe that Mark Williams 9" stuff was what Shane Kellars green hill killer buggy was running with those huge cut 47s.....never saw it break anything and it had a healthy motor and awesome driver.

Yes sir Robert Roach is still running them, Shane Keller built those axles a long time ago at least 8 years or so.

Re: Re:

tbacon38 said:
Yes sir Robert Roach is still running them, Shane Keller built those axles a long time ago at least 8 years or so.
Good to see that buggy still around and not parted out. I always thought it was ahead of its time.

June dog said:
I heard today " from a third party" that the motor has developed a slight knock. He's just hoping it stays together thru this weekend. It gonna suck if he gets beat in his own back yard. But I guess that's racing. They said he doesn't have enough time to tear it down and get it back together before the race at wildcat.

That sucks, From the vids it was singing pretty good at the knock out race, lets hope it stays together

Does anyone know what the whole buggy weighs in at? Appears lite.....like Miller Lite. Sure that will help keep parts alive....

BuckinPro said:
after the engine locked up on him last week at wildcat on hill1 he went into overtime and rebuilt it in less than a week, and made it to AOP with just enough run time to load it up and took second. just 1 sec off a ultra4 rig. slo-mo on the rocks at the end. :popcorn:

Got to watch this rig run the races then check it out in the parking lot. Some crazy/cool concepts and ideas on this rig for sure. That motor just screams.

As much real estate as those farmers move, those camera guys are gonna need to get some clear blast shield panels before somebody takes a rock to the noodle.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blacksheep10 said:
police riot shield, cut small hole, mount camera in hole and aim the shield at the action

That's what it would take for me to film it, those guys have to take some shots, especially when he's running.

poolman said:
That's what it would take for me to film it, those guys have to take some shots, especially when he's running.

Guys and gals both! I remember a couple years ago watchintg a race at boatramp and one ole girl was videoing it in jean shorts and cowboy boots. She took a baseball sized rock to the ankle in the cowboy boot and it made her bleed! She took it like a champ and kept videoing. I was impressed.

bbtank45 said:
Does anyone know what the whole buggy weighs in at? Appears lite.....like Miller Lite. Sure that will help keep parts alive....

I think the 2 things he has going for him is this, being light, and it doesn't really seem to have a ton of travel. keeping things at a pretty decent angle and not braking things.

creepycrawly said:
Guys and gals both! I remember a couple years ago watchintg a race at boatramp and one ole girl was videoing it in jean shorts and cowboy boots. She took a baseball sized rock to the ankle in the cowboy boot and it made her bleed! She took it like a champ and kept videoing. I was impressed.

I think that was Christy Mote with Image Off Road photography. She has taken a licken and kept on tickin. :dblthumb:

I was thinking more along the lines of that guy who ran out on the course at Hawk pride during a race that took a nugget off the his melon and was hospitalized. That left a mark I'm sure.

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
I think that was Christy Mote with Image Off Road photography. She has taken a licken and kept on tickin. :dblthumb:

I was thinking more along the lines of that guy who ran out on the course at Hawk pride during a race that took a nugget off the his melon and was hospitalized. That left a mark I'm sure.

When did that happen? We had a guy in our group take a rock to the face in Harlan one year. Busted him up pretty good.

I've been thinking pretty hard about some custom window nets for my buggy. The wife took a rock to the cheek at aop in January sitting in the passenger side of my buggy. Luckily it was small, but it was enough to bruise.